“Go for the Beer but don't overlook the food!”

Three Floyds Brewing Co
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Munster
Mableton, GA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Go for the Beer but don't overlook the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Three Floyds reputation is a brewer, made them a must visit when in the Chicago area. The beers did not disappoint, but the real surprise was the food, quite good and well above standard pub fare. If I'm in the area again I'll certainly make it part of my plans. They don't take reservations, so expect a possible wait.

Visited March 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Will NEVER go back. Staff was incredibly rude and unaccommodating. My husband and I used to be a huge fan of their beer but after this experience will not have anything to do with products. We have never been treated so poorly at a restaurant.

3 Thank Jpsc2012
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We've been going since they opened.
My husband and I loved going here when it was just "our place", now everyone know this is "the place" to go. The beer list is GREAT, the new chef has wonderful dishes - all of them have. I have never had a bad dish or drink from here.

So here's the skinny, they are a business, when you go two Fridays in a row and have to wait for seating and then want to complain SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!! Go another time or wait to get in, it's worth it. They are there to make money and they have a DAMN good product, wait for it or go another night. I am lucky my day off my weekend is Sunday and Monday.

The menu is filled with food you don't find everywhere and that is such a REFRESHING thing in the land of crappy chains and cookie cutter menus. They use REAL FOOD and IMAGINATION.

I have been here 100's of times. I have been here on dates, with my girlfriends & with groups of people, it has always been a great experience and it has always been no less than a GREAT EXPERIENCE.

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Beer should be a 5, food only a 4”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am a junior beer guy...really a wine guy, however, this place could change your mind on beer. The place is dark, the atmosphere is rather "edgy", don't look for high-class, it is not a wine place, but a beer place. The beer is the best I have ever had in the world, the food is ok, the service, is ok, but supposed to be a little strange..i think.

Visited January 2014
Saint John, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Odd service model!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

It was the strangest thing......

After running into two people that walked out because they couldn't believe what they saw and heard, I go in to join our party. I was supposed to be of 8 but between the server and the manager it never got to that point!

When the group of three asked if they could combine tables to accommodate a group of 8 they were told NO.

When they asked to add two chairs so the five people can sit together, were told NO.

When they asked if they could pay their check and move to two tables that could seat 8 colleagues so they can enjoy their night, were told NO.

One of our colleagues got too mad and loudly asked for the manager which Yes, was too much.. but unhappy "customers" can be like that sometimes. Customers.... a new concept it seemed! Anyway, the "manager" offered nothing. All we heard was "These are the rules" the only thing he was able to cmpromise on was that we would have to walk out of the door and come back in to sit at another table with a straight face!!!! The Seinfeld episode of the Soup Nazi made more sense!

Our boss arrived. Considering our waitress had no intention to serve us, so one of the guys wanted to buy him a beer from the bar. Both bartenders wouldn't serve him! They black listed him already! So our boss sat for a few minutes and left.

Then the waitress said we had to settle out because she doesn't want to serve us!

It was indeed the strangest thing... I wasn't sure what planet I was on!

After trying to salvage the night in trying to forget the insanity that is this place and "The Rules", we went to a bar down street to join another holiday party of colleagues. When we get there and we told them the story, they laughed and said that is why the are here and not at Three Floyds. Tables were combined, seats were all over the place and the waitress was a pleasure.

Not sure what more to say but "No More Soup for You" and soup is my business and that of everybody we tell this unbelievable story to.

Ciao