“I was scolded as a customer” 1 of 5 bubbles

Three Floyds Brewing Co
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Munster
PORTER
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I was scolded as a customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

On Friday 10-25-13 around 1:00 pm I came in for lunch. This was my first time in the place. The sign at the door stated to please seat yourself. I seated myself in the dining room as I thought the bar to be too crowded, dark and loud. My waitress asked if anyone would be joining me. I told her no. She then tried to move me into the bar. If I had wanted to sit at the bar I would have done so in the first place. I ordered a beer and food. While eating my food my beer ran out and she never came back to ask how my food was or if I needed another drink. So I went into the bar to get a refill on my own. My waitress scolded me and told me I am not allowed to get my own beer from the bar and that I needed to get it from her. Really? Well, she was not around while I was eating and I was dry. I did not even have water in front of me. Why have the please seat yourself sign if it's going to make the waitress mad? And to scold a customer for helping her out by getting my own beer in unconscionable to me. She needs a lesson in diplomacy to say to least.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank dlsk1962

Melbourne, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“World class beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop we made after leaving the airport. We'd wanted to visit Three Floyds for a few years now and finally had the time. We got there around 1:30 on a Tuesday and it was surprisingly busy, but we found 3 spots at the bar and settled in. We had the brisket tacos (sensational) and the pulled pork sandwich for lunch - all good, and the other options looked fantastic too.

More importantly, however, we got to try all of their amazing beers at their freshest. Phil the bartender was an awesome host and patiently took us through the different options (and pushed us to try new things, which were great). I don't love IPAs but theirs are the most balanced of any I've had, and very drinkable. The Moloko milk stout was fantastic, a delicious dessert, and the drunk monk is an excellent session beer. But I suggest you just try them all and see which ones you prefer - most of them aren't widely available, so it's a unique opportunity to try beer by one of the world's most respected craft breweries.

I also noticed that the carry out counter was slammed for most of the afternoon, which is also a testament to the quality of the beer. Make sure you get a bottle to take home for later!

Visited October 2013
Chicagoland
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“great beer...and pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The beer here is known to be first class...sold in many of the finer stores..here and about.
The place is usually super busy...the beer is available for take out in 6 packs...the food is surprising good pub food.
Parking can be an issue...lot is almost always filled, so overflow is in the street.
Has become a real attraction with the notoriety of the beer. A fun stop....

Visited April 2013
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
229 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 266 helpful votes
“Enjoyable on weekday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My beer aficionado friends had been talking about this place for years, how the beer was world class, highly rated in beer advocate, how zombie dust was one of the best beers in the world. I finally decided to drive down to munster and check this place out.

Hidden within an industrial park, I swore my GPS was lost, but I found this place. Attached bar restaurant has a unique design, lord of the rings on flat screens, and heavy metal playing.

The beer is certainly delicious, I liked the hefeweizen, with a subtle banana taste. The food was very good, better than traditional bar food, I did find it a bit overpriced, especially since my burger did not come with a side. Service was ok, but I did find that a mandatory 20% gratuity for a group was too much.

I did enjoy that my table was in front of a window that you can look into brewery and was entertained with the workers making the next batch.

Visited September 2013
Munster, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Beer There is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hands down, try the Alpha King or Pride & Joy,,, some of the best ! All the beer is made at the Munster location. The bar / restaurant is located in the front of the warehouse street side. The food menu is extensive with apps, pizza, burgers, french fries,,, you know, all the healthy bar food groups. Best to come with a group of friends or the whole family . Be prepared to wait for a table during peak hours . There is a pick up window if you just want a case or two ( even a six pack ) or your favorite beer to go .

Visited September 2013