“Excellent food and service!”
Review of Cafe Borgia

Cafe Borgia
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Munster
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Established in 1986, Cafe Borgia features the Italian specialties of Chef-owner Mike Jesso. A popular meeting place in Chicagoland, this northwest Indiana eatery is known for homemade menu offerings in an artistic atmosphere. With high praise for it's wine list from ZAGAT, Chef Jesso has had recipies featured in Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines. The Chef's Garden enhances the dining experience.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been going to Cafe Borgia back when they were still located in their original spot in Lansing, IL....well over 20 years! The food is excellent and if you need something special for your dietary needs they try to accomodate your every need. From your greeting at the door, the staff is wonderful and attentive making you feel like an old friend visiting, whether it's your server, buser or bartender. It's wonderful to see this excellent restaurant in their beautiful, stand alone location. My favorite dish is Chicken Vesivio; my better half enjoys their Stuff Porkchops which are a special several times a year. And finally, we enjoy sitting in the bar with our fave bartender, Barb! Bonapetito!

1  Thank Sande-Tony

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Used this café for a catered lunch at the request of the client. So glad I did! They delivered, and it was still warm and fresh when it arrived. My salmon was perfect and unique. The Caprese Salad was one of the best. Everyone was raving about the pizza. Headed back up there this week and will try it again!

1  Thank courtneymccollum
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have eaten here on several occasions! The food is excellent and the service has always been good and professional. You would say, "why on 4 of 5 stars." Well, I am very picky. I like to have it all food, service and AMBIANCE. It is decorated very nicely, but tables make me feel cold and stiff.Also, the wine is not great. I have tried several different types and brands. I have eaten there for lunch and dinner. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

If your looking for some good and intesting food with an Italian flare you'll enjoy Cafe Borgia. It is a little pricey being ala carte but it's worth the price you pay. They also offer a good variety of wines. The waiters are attentive and atmosphere open and spacious which could also be it's downfall. When busy it tends to be a bite noisey but it hasn't kept us from enjoying some excellent meals there.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I love dining out, especially at places that have great steak. We enjoy the dining atmosphere here and the service is always top notch. I appreciate when a server is well informed regarding the food on the menu as well as having knowledge on wine and mixed drinks. My husband and I love their lasagna and their steak. Both great choices. Weather permitting, we like to dine outside here. It's not always best to sit at the table right by the door since it opens and closes a lot as the servers go back and forth from inside to outside, etc., a little annoying. No complaints other than that. We always look forward to our next visit. We know we will enjoy our meals and receive excellent service each and every time.