“Such good food!”

Cafe Borgia
Ranked #6 of 64 Restaurants in Munster
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1986, Cafe Borgia features the Italian specialties of Chef-owner Mike Jesso. A popular meeting place in Chicagoland, this northwest Indiana eatery is known for homemade menu offerings in an artistic atmosphere. With high praise for it's wine list from ZAGAT, Chef Jesso has had recipies featured in Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines. The Chef's Garden enhances the dining experience.
Indiana
“Such good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Used this café for a catered lunch at the request of the client. So glad I did! They delivered, and it was still warm and fresh when it arrived. My salmon was perfect and unique. The Caprese Salad was one of the best. Everyone was raving about the pizza. Headed back up there this week and will try it again!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank courtneymccollum

Chicago, Illinois
“Always consistent great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have eaten here on several occasions! The food is excellent and the service has always been good and professional. You would say, "why on 4 of 5 stars." Well, I am very picky. I like to have it all food, service and AMBIANCE. It is decorated very nicely, but tables make me feel cold and stiff.Also, the wine is not great. I have tried several different types and brands. I have eaten there for lunch and dinner. Highly recommend!

• Visited January 2013
Dyer, Indiana
“Wonderful place to dine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

If your looking for some good and intesting food with an Italian flare you'll enjoy Cafe Borgia. It is a little pricey being ala carte but it's worth the price you pay. They also offer a good variety of wines. The waiters are attentive and atmosphere open and spacious which could also be it's downfall. When busy it tends to be a bite noisey but it hasn't kept us from enjoying some excellent meals there.

• Visited August 2012
Dyer, Indiana, United States
“Love everything about this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I love dining out, especially at places that have great steak. We enjoy the dining atmosphere here and the service is always top notch. I appreciate when a server is well informed regarding the food on the menu as well as having knowledge on wine and mixed drinks. My husband and I love their lasagna and their steak. Both great choices. Weather permitting, we like to dine outside here. It's not always best to sit at the table right by the door since it opens and closes a lot as the servers go back and forth from inside to outside, etc., a little annoying. No complaints other than that. We always look forward to our next visit. We know we will enjoy our meals and receive excellent service each and every time.

• Visited May 2012
Illiniois
“Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have heard about this place for years and finally was able to get there for lunch. The service and staff were very accomodating and helpful. However, the food was simply ok. I tasted the rigatoni and bread.I was surprised that the same dish at Go Roma for example, was better by far.I also found it a bit pricey for lunch compared to places I usually go to in the Western Suburbs..

• Visited October 2012

Been to Cafe Borgia? Share your experiences!