“Mom's favourite even after multiple visits.”
Review of Dragon Bowl

Dragon Bowl
Ranked #45 of 65 Restaurants in Munster
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I moved from this area 10 yrs ago, so I'm kind of out of the loop on good places to eat. Mom's still here, and when I was finally given permission in August to "spring" her from her nursing home for a meal, I knew it had to be where my best friend had been recommending for months. The place is almost hidden, at the end of a small strip mall. I feared Mom's wheelchair wouldn't fit in the door, but it did. We were warmly greeted and seated. We decided to keep it simple: hot and sour soup, egg drop soup, and some sushi rolls. All were delicious. Soups were tasty (we like to mix them, we're weird that way), fish was fresh. Most importantly, Mom loved it.

Two months later when I returned to visit, Dragon Bowl was all Mom was talking about, to me and apparently everyone she ran into at the nursing home, visitors, aides, doctors. Her nurses already knew about it, and have a menu on hand because apparently it's a favorite of theirs, too. But Mom had turned into Dragon Bowl's salesperson. We returned 3 times in 2 weeks. And when we discovered on their extensive menu that they had Thai dishes, as well, Mom got stuck on pad see ew (with pork...the choice is not listed on the menu, but they accommodate the request). During our visits, I tried their shrimp and asparagus, salmon and avocado roll, yellowtail roll, happy family, orange chicken, and the soups, of course. Mom was happy and full (dinner portions are huge for sharing, lunch more than satisfying),

A few weeks later, we returned with my DH, who can be a picky eater. I forget exactly what he ordered, but it had beef, chicken, shrimp, pea pods, broccoli, zucchini, etc. His lunch included an egg roll and fried rice. He loved it all, including the nibbles from our plates, and left with a happy tummy. I opted for my usual sushi rolls adding the eel and avocado this time. Mom stuck with her pad see ew. And soups. :)

Service is always friendly. Prices are reasonable. Place is clean. Besides us, I noticed groups of friends, couples, and families enjoying meals. They do a busy take-out business. Whenever I talk to Mom, she asks when I'm coming home. And when we're going to Dragon Bowl. I can't wait either.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The sushi was ok. The rice was not cooked well as it fell apart when lifting the sushi with chopsticks. It may have been a little undercooked and may not have had enough white vinegar/sugar (tasted bland). I will try it again as there are no other sushi options in the area. Hope that I can be proven wrong and that perhaps it was just a bad day. The fish quality was also average. They did have some creative rolls on the menu though and their Thai tea was pretty good/huge. Service was ok.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We don't have go to Chinatown as much since our son told us about Dragon Bowl. The sushi is excellent, and my family enjoys their Chinese and Thai dishes. They even have smoothies and fresh squeezed juices.

1  Thank steph26139