“Guess who is not coming here for dinner?”
Review of Charley Horse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Charley Horse
Cuisines: American
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Guess who is not coming here for dinner?”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service was slow the food was bland.
It used to be a decent place for a decent meal. They are going in the wrong direction

Visited May 2013

Munster, Indiana
“Good food but bad service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my wife and another couple on a Monday (8-12-13) which was 1/2 price hamburger night. Upon entering the establishment at around 8:00pm I noticed that in the bar, dinning room and outside seating areas there were only 5 other tables that were occupied which I thought was strange for a promotional night. We were seated outside and given menus by the hostess. After a 15 minute wait with two different waitresses walking past us several times to serve the other two occupied tables outside, my wife went to the hostess to ask if someone would come take our drink order. So after another couple of minutes the two waitresses that had egnorred us finally came to our table together (one to take our drink order and the other to take our food order). We all ordered hamburgers to eat and a glass of wine for the each of the ladies and draft beer for the guys. After another 15 minutes, the busboy brought our tray of four plates and put them on the stand by the end of our table. As soon as he picked up the first two plates to put on our table the stand became unbalanced and tipped over with two plates crashing to the ground. The busboy was very apologetic and informed the kitchen of the accident. The manager came up to our table also to apologize. While the guys were waiting for our meals to cook again the waitress asked if we wanted another draft beer and we both accepted. After another 10 minute wait the other two hamburgers came and they were quite good cooked just right. Upon receiving our bill I thought that the least they could do was to comp us two guys the draft beer but there was no adjustment to the bill at all. The food was good but the customer service lacked what it takes to be a top rated restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Lansing, Illinois
“Enjoyed By All”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Brought some out of town relatives here and everyone loved the food. Two of us had the prime rib dinner, which was excellent. I'm used to steaks being overcooked and dry in restaurants; this prime rib was just right. A couple people enjoyed the Big Brown burgers, and the kids had chicken tenders. The chocolate chip cookie monster was for dessert. Nothing was disappointing. Everyone had positive comments about their food. The mixed drinks we had were made a little strong it seems, but that was okay with us.

The restaurant is sports themed and has TVs all over that were showing various basketball and hockey playoff games. It is light inside and does not feel crowded. There is also outdoor seating if the weather is right. The service was good, but not all that friendly. The prime rib was on special that day so our total bill was very reasonable. Parking is plentiful and convenient. It was my first visit, but I'll recommend it to others.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rainydock
Galien
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have personally been there three times and love the food. The Cajun Blue Burger is fantastic and was cook to my specification. My husband and I just went there this week for his first time; we had the calamari and it was very good. The service was quick and all the employees were pleasent and helpful. I highly recommend the Charlie Horse.

• Visited March 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois
“A good choice”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were in town visiting family in Munster who had made previous plans one night so we decided to eat at Charley Horse's rather than join them. We were glad we did. The atmosphere was pleasant (if you like sports themes) and the food was good. I had the prime rib and it was done to my satisfaction. My husband had a speciality chicken dish and he enjoyed it as well. The service was acceptable (not over the top, but fine) an the prices did not make us gasp. All in all, we would go again.

Visited December 2012