“Enjoyed By All”

Add it.
Charley Horse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Brought some out of town relatives here and everyone loved the food. Two of us had the prime rib dinner, which was excellent. I'm used to steaks being overcooked and dry in restaurants; this prime rib was just right. A couple people enjoyed the Big Brown burgers, and the kids had chicken tenders. The chocolate chip cookie monster was for dessert. Nothing was disappointing. Everyone had positive comments about their food. The mixed drinks we had were made a little strong it seems, but that was okay with us.

The restaurant is sports themed and has TVs all over that were showing various basketball and hockey playoff games. It is light inside and does not feel crowded. There is also outdoor seating if the weather is right. The service was good, but not all that friendly. The prime rib was on special that day so our total bill was very reasonable. Parking is plentiful and convenient. It was my first visit, but I'll recommend it to others.

1  Thank Rainydock

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have personally been there three times and love the food. The Cajun Blue Burger is fantastic and was cook to my specification. My husband and I just went there this week for his first time; we had the calamari and it was very good. The service was quick and all the employees were pleasent and helpful. I highly recommend the Charlie Horse.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were in town visiting family in Munster who had made previous plans one night so we decided to eat at Charley Horse's rather than join them. We were glad we did. The atmosphere was pleasant (if you like sports themes) and the food was good. I had the prime rib and it was done to my satisfaction. My husband had a speciality chicken dish and he enjoyed it as well. The service was acceptable (not over the top, but fine) an the prices did not make us gasp. All in all, we would go again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Order chicken parmigiana in a non-Italian specialty restaurant, or a prime rib sandwich in a restaurant not specializing in beef, and you could be mightily disappointed. These were, however, what my wife and I ordered at the Charley Horse, and both dishes were done right, and very tasty.

The Charley Horse is, as its name implies, a sports-oriented eatery, but it is comfortable for people who are not there to watch a game. (If you want to watch, however, there are plenty of televisions about the place.) The sports items, both new and memorabilia, are housed in a dining area that looks like the interior of an old building. Although it is indeed faux antique---the construction is quite new---it really does have the feel of a structure here for many years.

The night we were there, the crowd was sparse, probably because most of the day’s football games were over, and the service was excellent. The food was delicious, and my prime rib was rare, as ordered—difficult with a piece of meat much thinner than a dinner prime rib—and came with as side of juice, and potent horseradish. My wife enjoyed her chicken, as well as the accompanying fettuccine.

The prices were about average for what we ordered, and the portions were good.

Our first trip to the Charley Horse will not be our last.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went one night for just snacks. We got the calamari and it seemed to be the bottom of the bag, it wasn't good in fact it was the worst calamari I ever had. The meatball appetizer was good. Not sure I would go back for appetizers, maybe just drinks.