“Find somewhere else....”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Novi, MI
“Find somewhere else....”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My son had to attend orientation at BSU for 2 days in July. We had previously stayed at the Fairfield. Well after 2 days at this Holiday Inn.... we will NEVER stay there again. The carpet through out was sticky! It wasn't just our room but through the hall way too.
As for the staff .... well let's just say that it was so nice to see that they kept themselves well fed ... including taking the last of things off the breakfast bar.
Now that family weekend is upon us ... we have booked ourselves in to the Fairfield and that is where we will continue to stay for the next 4 years.
You only get one chance to make a first impression.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Kunamom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night and were pleased with our smoking, king room. Check in and check out were fine, the room was large and the bed very comfortable. Both wired and wireless internet service were both offered, but neither worked initially. Apparently the ISP was having a problem and both returned to fast service after a while. I had called tech support and was waiting for a tech when it started to work, so I hung up. After that, it was fine. Breakfast was good, the standard Holiday Inn breakfast. The attendant was right there to keep things full. Our room was on the side facing the state road, but noise really was not an issue. Fortunately, we were there before Ball State Homecoming weekend, as the football field is quite near and the hotel was totally booked for the weekend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FarAndWide_Traveller
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Clean! Comfortable, Pleasant place to stay. Difficulty with unstable wireless network.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank CaduceusONE
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Clean Room, & Great Experience. Stayed here two nights because of the value!

Only problem was connecting to the wi-fi, I had to get the hotel clerk to come up to my room and get logged on to use.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — problem connecting to wi-fi
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Chry68
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed December 12, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel many times this year, although this is my first written review. I recently stayed three consecutive nights. Room, beds, etc. were great and overall experience was basically very good. Hotel was clean and well kept. I was on a business trip and was entirely dependent on the reliability of the internet connection from the room. The wireless network needs immediate attention in my view and would be the main reason for me choosing another hotel in the future. My room was in the middle portion of 3rd floor. The hotel has at least four wireless routers but:
"holiDeck3" ~ was the only secure connection (although I don't know why they would not all be secure) but was always a weak signal at least from my location on 3rd floor. It showed a strong signal before I connected but immediately went to "weak" status immediately after I connected. I tested it at least three times and got the same result each time.
"holiday1" ~ not secure but a fairly steady signal
"Holiday2fl" ~ not secure but the strongest signal
"holiday" ~ too weak to connect
Internet ethernet (hard wire) connections in the room were no longer working - - although, for me, that would have been ideal in terms of speed and reliability.
The breakfast at the hotel was excellent and well supplied usually with 1-2 attendants. The variety and quality are great. Several members of the cleaning crew have a habit of holding a gripe session at the breakfast area at about 8:00am each day. This makes it hard to hear the morning news and to pull my thoughts together for the work day.
Pool and hot tub were nice, although full circulation was not working in the hot tub on the one time I tried to use it.

• Liked — clean; generally quiet
  • Disliked — wireless internet connections were unreliable
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank LittleBunnyFufu
Indiana
Reviewed June 1, 2008

I stayed here during spring break w/ my kids. Mainly, just to get out of the house. It was awesome!

Our room was nice. The new bedding was the best I've ever had at ANY hotel. It was amazing. I seriously am going to have to buy the set one day!

The pool was nice and clean. Plenty of towels. Customer service was great. Very helpful and friendly.

Hot breakfast served. Even biscuits and gravy! It was hot, good, and clean.

I was impressed w/ the hotel and would definitely stay there again!

The only problem that did occur was my key card quit working. When I took it up to the front desk they had asked if I had it near my cell phone. Apparently, cell phones will demagnetize the key cards. Good to know and definitely made sense. I had carried them together down to the pool area.

• Liked — customer service and the bedding
  • Disliked — I didn't have any problems.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mdhall19
muncie, Indiana
Reviewed February 5, 2008

My family and I stayed here after a house fire that wiped us out. The Red Cross called and with no problem they took us in free of charge. We were also given an extra night when things hadn't come together yet. As we were leaving the hotel, staff were carrying out furniture due to the ongoing renovations. We came with nothing and left with a car full of furniture that they not only gave us but loaded it all up too. The staff was nothing but nice.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family