“Exceptional Customer Service - Thank You Kate!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed April 14, 2014

As background, in September 2013 I booked two rooms at a hotel in Muncie for the weekend of April 12th - one of the busiest weekends in Muncie, IN the entire year. Our party of six drove the 240 miles to Muncie - excited about the weekend with our son at Ball State - to discover the hotel we had booked had errored in our reservation (even though I had called the previous Thursday and confirmed the reservation) and we had no rooms. After multiple phone calls we discovered there were no rooms available in Muncie or within 60 miles of Muncie.

On a whim, I drove across the street to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites and was immediately and warmly greeted at the front desk by a young lady named Kate. I explained our plight, and immediately Kate worked diligently and professionally to find us a room - all the while with a warm smile. Fortunately for us, Kate was able to book us a room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites.

We will be traveling to Muncie several times a year over the next three years, and I assure you we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express, not the property we had stayed at on previous trips and who had errored on our reservation on this trip and was unwilling to do anything about it.

THANKS Kate!
Room 228

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Ball_State_Dad,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive thoughts with us! I am so glad we were able to exceed your expectations and Kate was able to provide you accommodations with excellent customer service. I will make sure she sees your kind review! We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and service and I am happy your experience reflects this. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ball State!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I read the other reviews of hotels in Muncie, and I must comment that one cannot expect the same service/atmosphere/amenities as in a resort or highly competitive market. If you are in Muncie, you are probably there for some activity at Ball State and will not be spending alot of time at the hotel. In other words, the hotel will be a place to sleep and store your stuff while you are busy on campus. That being said, this hotel would be perfectly fine. It is located around lots of restaurants and shopping, if needed. It is a short drive to campus. The room was comfortable enough for the intention of visiting Ball State. There was nothing wrong with the facility, it will serve you well if you are visiting campus for a day or two.

Room Tip: The pool/hot tub was closed for repair.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear SPKK06,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! I am glad your experience at our hotel was a positive one! While we realize we are located in a smaller market it is our goal to provide the most friendly service and best accommodations possible for each and every guest that visits us. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Ball State!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were on a college visit to Ball State. Based on others reviews we decided on Holiday Inn Express. The room was clean and a nice size for a two double bed room choice n/s, the staff friendly and helpful. We arrived after dark and ready for dinner. They gave us a list of area restaurants listed by type of food. Great location as most restaurants were very close and easy to find. Ball State was also close. Back in 2009 I went on a Ball State Visit with another child. We stayed at the Best Western, I did not care for that hotel of that area of Muncie. I am glad we came back and stayed on this side of Muncie as it left me with a much better impression.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear TBMWE,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words! We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and clean rooms and I am glad we were able to leave a positive impression with you. We will welcome you back to Muncie and our hotel anytime and I look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

*** The low rating is based on other Holiday Inn Express hotels - it's above a 2 star rating over all but not in comparison to other properties.

-Yes, one of the older Holiday Inn Express's in their chain
-No NBC
-fitness center has 3 pieces of adequate equipment - treadmill, elliptical and recumbent bike. It is VERY warm in fitness center with no temperature control other than a fan to turn on. One must open door to prevent overheating.
-small breakfast area so if busy (which it was during my 2-day stay) there's not a seat available.
-handicap room, dirty carpet, dings in tub, hole in bathroom door and on wall behind entry door - looks shabby.
-TERRIBLE water pressure in shower.
-lumpy pillows
-overall - dated
-one upside is there's a flat screen TV and good lighting in the room!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Aimee C.,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share your thoughts with us! We appreciate all feedback and can use every guest review as an opportunity to better our hotel. While we pride ourselves on our friendly staff, we are aware that our product is dated and in need of some attention. We actually have a renovation in place for this year to address the issues mentioned in your review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months to a fresh product and hotel!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Muncie, and have tried almost all of the hotels. We come to find this hotel, overall, the best. 1st off, it isn't the newest, most modern, but it is VERY adequate, clean & reasonably priced. The staff of workers are CLASS people !!! As an explanation, the hotel nearby was new, more expensive, but we tried it. That brand new competitive hotel already had mold in the bathroom, trash on the floor of the lobby, which I picked up, myself, as workers "lounged" nearby. This HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS hotel, doesn't yet have automatic opening front doors, but they have "JR" & others there, anxiously waiting to help & serve customers. ALWAYS a friendly, Class front desk person, to assist. They usually upgrade our room, at the same price, and accommodate our wishes. The make this our Muncie HOME.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JpDrumr
Brooklyn T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear JpDrumr,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are delighted you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on having an excellent staff of people who put the guests first! JR is quite a hospitable fellow and I am glad he made your visit that much more enjoyable! We are honored you can call us your home away from home when you visit Muncie! We look forward to your next visit! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff really set this hotel apart! We were greeted at the door and again at the front desk by very friendly, personable people. Our first room wasn't as clean as we expected but the girl at the front desk promptly and very apologetically moved us to another room which was just fine.

Breakfast is excellent and the lady who runs it is very conscientious and welcoming. All of the housekeeping staff are friendly and speak to each guest in a friendly and professional manner.

Although the rooms are a bit dated the staff more than make up for it with their friendliness, professionalism, attentiveness to detail and genuine desire to make each guest's stay as perfect as possible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Finally Flying,

Thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback! Your opinions matter to us and we appreciate your kind words. I am sure our staff will be delighted at such a great review of your stay! They work really hard to provide a great service to our guests. We hope to host you again during your next stay in Muncie!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am an IHG employee myself, and when I walked through the doors, Kevin greeted me as I would have greeted myself. He gave us a quick and easy check in and offered his help multiple times. He was attentive and very understanding when we had a need and he took care of it as soon as he could. When we arrived to the room, I scrutinized the room for anything out of place or not clean. All was in order and housekeeping did a great job on our room! The breakfast in the morning was convenient and delicious. This hotel makes me proud to be associated with Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family