“Nice place.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
“Nice place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nice hotel. Showing a little wear but still an decent place to stay. We were upgraded to a suite and it was very roomy. The entire hotel was no smoking but someone had definitely smoked in the room. I called the front desk to report this just so they wouldn't think it was us that smoked in it. They immediately offered to move us to another room but we said we were okay in this room. A few minutes later the manager called to make sure we were okay. We again said we were fine with it. We opened both the windows and the door and aired the place out for a couple of hours. That helped a lot. Hotel is quiet and clean. The breakfast area is very clean and well kept. Coffee was available all day so I appreciated that. The breakfast itself was good. A good variety of offerings and nicely presented.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pace, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I loved the pancake maker/dispenser at breakfast; it is very sanitary. I had a clean and quiet room on the second floor at the end of the hallway. Overall, this was not spectacular, but it was a good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We here in November and had a room on the first floor. There were at least two sports teams staying there that night. In spite of that our room was quiet and comfortable. While the breakfast room was very busy in the morning, the staff was keeping up with the crowd. As offerings would run out they would bring out more. We especially liked the greeter that opened the front door as we arrived. It was a nice touch. He was there to say farewell to us too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Bremen, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once in July of 2012 and again last week. Last week I upgraded to a suite with a whirlpool tub which was well worth the additional charge. Both times my room was very comfortable, very clean and quiet. This is definately the hotel that I will continue to stay at when I am in Muncie.

Room Tip: The whirlpool tub in the the room is very spacious and relaxing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nathan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Janel,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The entire staff loves to hear how their hard work and dedication has a positive impact on guest stays.

The Holiday Inn Brand also has an area for guest reviews if you ever browse the site.

We look forward to greeting you to our hotel again.

Nathan Hartwig - General Manager
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've stay at Holiday Inn hotels accross the U.S. and Canada on a frequent basis for my job (I'm a Holiday Inn Gold Priority Club Member). This hotel, just appearance and service, is below average. I've stayed at this particular hotel twice - October 2011 and August 2012. The first time (2011), I was not impressed, but thought maybe it was a fluke. (My door got stuck shut and we had to get Maintenance to open it. The room was very small and cramped. Etc.)

My second stay was not much better. And then, to make matters worse, I was charged $25 more on the second night stay than my first night for no apparent reason - or warning. I spoke with the General Manager, Nathan Hartwick, who explained that there was an event going on in town and they had to increase rates. ?!?

I will not be staying here again on my next business trip through Muncie, IN.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nathan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Muncie, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Tracy H. ,

I am very sorry your recent stay was less than excellent. We at the Holiday Inn Express in Muncie pride ourselves on insuring each and every guest's expectations are met. We did not do so in your case. My explanation of the rate difference on your second night was meant to inform. Simply put, we had more demand for the room on your second night and we set a rate accordingly for that day, making it higher than your first night's stay. I would like to connect with you again soon, so we may discuss this stay and to gain your trust again in using our hotel.

Nathan Hartwig - General Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for a family wedding, of which there were several that weekend. Everything was quite competently handled.

Pros: friendly staff (especially the breakfast lady!), well-maintained physical plant, conveniently located with many restaurant choices.

Cons (minor): tiny exercise room, broken pancake machine.

Room Tip: Stairs are on the ends of the main hallway, so if your prefer using them (we do), ask for those loca...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had the king bed room, which included a suite-style sitting area. We were really impressed. Only two drawbacks: 1) The mirror in the bathroom was hung too low, and I repeatedly pinched my fingers against it when turning on the bathroom faucet. Judging by the way the finish was worn off the bottom of the mirror in that spot, I was not the first to painfully find this problem. Also, the internet connection was S-L-O-W! We'd had the same problem at the Holiday Inn Express in Gas City, IN the night before, so maybe it was their provider? Whatever the case, it was frustrating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple