Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Over joyed”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Signature Inn Previously through Priceline. I was thrilled to say this hotel accepted out bid again this year and we look forward to staying at this friendly, hotel. Yes the decor is a little outdated but i will take great service anyday and a clean place to rest after days of catching up with family and friends. Looking forward to another Family Reunion!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were somewhat fooled with Signature Inn being "#2 in Muncie" with four circles out of five here on Trip Advisor. Make sure you know that these REVIEW RANKINGS here are *far* from the same thing as STAR RATINGS on websites like Expedia (which accurately give Signature Inn 2-stars). 2-stars on travel websites means a step down from the basic 3-star hotels like Holiday Inn, Best Western, or even La Quinta. And Signature Inn was definitely a step down.

It smelled. Old carpet. No elevator. Our A/C was broken and the hotel was full, so we slept with a borrowed fan from the cleaning staff in the heat. Continental breakfast was basically cereal and a bagel. Ice maker ran out of ice. Etc.

Not bashing the place (and I rarely give a negative review on anything). Just make sure you know what you're getting into - if you typically wouldn't stay at anything less than a 2.5 star Country Inn and Suites... this is even a step below that.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KtotheB123
DIXON
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had a excellent stay at the the Signature Inn Muncie. From the Manager to the Night staff ...from maintenence to house keeping.... A+++ service and I travel 20-30 weekends a year. We are not talking 5 star hotel we are talking great midwest comfort and a staff that cares :) Next to IHOP, Nice indoor pool and a nice little breakfast. We will be back!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here because they were recommended as the host hotel for the Muncie Triathlon. Having never been here I went with the recommended hotel. The race organizers should be so embarassed for recommending them. This place smelled like smoke even though it was smoke free. The hallways are dark, musty, hot, and stained. Our room was scary. Burgundy carpet with furniture that looked like it was purchased from a dorm room sale. The mattress was stained as was our sheets. I could tell that when they cleaned, they don't vaccuum the chairs in the room because there was hair all over. The entrance near our room smelled of strong chemicals. My mom and I were worried that we would end up with bed bugs but luckily we didn't. Also, the air conditioner was incredibly loud every time it turned on so I had to sleep with ear plugs. Also, it was pretty ridiculous that the hotel nor the race people had any decent directions for us to get to the race site. Wifi was bad and slow and the computer in the lobby is so old that it has a foppy disk drive in it. It didn't work and all I tried to do was find directions with google. The page never loaded and I tried several times and waited a long time. Mostly, I'm just frustrated with myself for not going online to check reviews when there was a brand new Hampton Inn just down the street. The girl at the front desk was nice, but I pity her for working in such a crappy hotel. It was also at least 15 minutes that we had to wait in line for our keys since only one person was working on a Friday night at peak check in time. She also was helping someone for a good 20 minutes. I was going to ask her for better directions to the reservoir, but didn't want to wait. It's pretty sad when you have to get your directions from Dairy Queen employees down the street. Ahhh! Don't stay here! Spend the extra cash and stay somewhere else! This place needs to be rennovated really bad. Looks like it hasn't been touched since the 80's!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all! Check your ac to see if it's going to keep you up all night!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank IndyRunner1984
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I guess that's not a bad thing. But seriously, this hotel has seen better days. It's run-down and though the reception staff is friendly, they can't make up the poor quality of the facility. My room smelled bad and was less than clean. Next to my bed, I discovered a nail clipping on the floor - sorry, but that just grossed me out. Then I asked myself, how clean the bed was and other things I couldn't see. The carpet is aubergine and feels sticky. I was unwilling to take my shoes off.

The AC is very loud, the windows don't open. The bathroom was okay with a newer tub enclosure and a new shower curtain which sticks to wet skin.

Breakfast was poor, particularly the coffee: one thermos was empty, the other mixed with coffee grounds swimming merrily in my cup. No personnel showed in the ten minutes I spent in the breakfast area. A lone orange was the only healthy item on the menu. For those that like doughnuts and white flour products, this will probably work fine. The buffet offered biscuits and gravy, waffles and toast.

Overall, the Signature Inn is just old and needs a serious overhaul - definitely more than a shower curtain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Obsidianmocha
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay here every month for work. Every time when I walk in the door they greet me by name, and are already pulling up my information on the computer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Muncie area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sean R
alexandria
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family stayed here recently and we enjoyed the outstanding value and great customer service. We enjoyed the indoor pool and fitness center. The breakfast had quiet a selection to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cheryl c
signatureinn47304, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Cheryl C.

I would like to thank you for staying with us in Jan 2012 . Although we are a mature property and could use an overhaul, we do pride ourselves in the cleanness of our hotel and our outstanding staff. We strive each day to find ways that we can better ourselves so that our guest can have a wonderful stay. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again.

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
#6 of 13 in Muncie
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University? Share your experiences!