“The newest part in the hotel is the shower curtain”

Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I guess that's not a bad thing. But seriously, this hotel has seen better days. It's run-down and though the reception staff is friendly, they can't make up the poor quality of the facility. My room smelled bad and was less than clean. Next to my bed, I discovered a nail clipping on the floor - sorry, but that just grossed me out. Then I asked myself, how clean the bed was and other things I couldn't see. The carpet is aubergine and feels sticky. I was unwilling to take my shoes off.

The AC is very loud, the windows don't open. The bathroom was okay with a newer tub enclosure and a new shower curtain which sticks to wet skin.

Breakfast was poor, particularly the coffee: one thermos was empty, the other mixed with coffee grounds swimming merrily in my cup. No personnel showed in the ten minutes I spent in the breakfast area. A lone orange was the only healthy item on the menu. For those that like doughnuts and white flour products, this will probably work fine. The buffet offered biscuits and gravy, waffles and toast.

Overall, the Signature Inn is just old and needs a serious overhaul - definitely more than a shower curtain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Obsidianmocha

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay here every month for work. Every time when I walk in the door they greet me by name, and are already pulling up my information on the computer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Muncie area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family stayed here recently and we enjoyed the outstanding value and great customer service. We enjoyed the indoor pool and fitness center. The breakfast had quiet a selection to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cheryl c
signatureinn47304, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Cheryl C.

I would like to thank you for staying with us in Jan 2012 . Although we are a mature property and could use an overhaul, we do pride ourselves in the cleanness of our hotel and our outstanding staff. We strive each day to find ways that we can better ourselves so that our guest can have a wonderful stay. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again.

Management

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I stayed here two nights while visiting my sister who just graduated from Ball State. We enjoyed the pool and free breakfast (waffles, cereal, biscuits & gravy, toast, oatmeal, danishes, etc.) The hotel is older and needs remodeling, but it was clean and safe. Many restaurants nearby and close to Walmart. The fitness center is really lame, however. I couldn't get two of the ancient machines to work right and the others weren't much better. They had two stepping machines, two bikes and an elliptical (not a very good one.) Did not have a treadmill or even any small weights. One employee seemed to be doing everything on Memorial Day because we saw her replacing the towels in the pool area, cleaning the breakfast area and at the checkout desk! In general though, for the deal we got on Priceline ($40 a night) it had everything we needed. I would stay there again if we got the same deal.

Room Tip: my sister said the rooms on the second floor near the pool seemed a little stuffy. The pool area is...
2  Thank pickymomEvansville
signatureinn47304, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for a review. We are glad that you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast. As for our fitness center, it is all cardio workout equipment. We do have a YMCA directly behind the hotel that gives special rates for our guests. We are conveniently located close to BSU campus, with 10 restaurants, a Laundromat, and supermarket all within walking distance. We hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Everyone is so friendly and very accomodating. My travel takes me there often and the staff refer to me by name. I always have a wonderful time at the Signature Inn. The Signature Inn is located by many restaurants which is very nice. Thank you Signature Inn for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
signatureinn47304, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear guest thank you for your review. We are glad to have your frequent business. We take great pride in giving quality customer service and always make sure that you as well as all guests receive great customer service. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This past weekend we stayed at this hotel, since we were helping with the Indiana Academy After Prom. Andrew Stole was working the evening shift and was gracious in helping me solve one of our after prom problems. He, with proper permission, let me borrow two coffee carafes (I forgot mine) to use at after prom (a 12am - 3am event,). I promised to have it back by 4am.

I do have agree with transcriber 1 when they write, the place was clean, and could really stand a major update/renovation of the interior.

Most importantly, the service was very good! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest thank you for your review. We are glad that we could be of service in the use of our carafes. It is our mission to make sure we can do all we can to make our guests’ stay as enjoyable and stress-free as possible. We take pride in our quality staff and in striving for superior customer service. Please think of us again for you next stay in Muncie.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We booked two rooms through Travelocity for our son's graduation ceremony from Ball State University. We had to cancel one reservation due to a change in travel plans for relatives. Unfortunately, Travelocity cancelled both rooms. When we arrived form Michigan and learned that both room reservations were cancelled, the manager graciously gave us a room, at no cost, and said he would resolve the issue directly with Travelocity, and we should not concern ourselves with it, but enjoy our time with our son. His kindness, and willingness to deal directly with Travelocity, was extraordinary, and I can't say enough about our experience. When I'm back in Muncie (graduate school beckons!) I will go back to Signature Inn. I wish all hotels were managed as well, and with such a customer focus.

1  Thank Paul L

Dear guest thank you for your review. It was my pleasure to be of help. It was your son’s graduation and time should be spent celebrating this joyous occasion, not on the telephone stressing over details. Our goal is to give the best customer service possible, and your kind words show that we are well on our way to achieving that goal. Please come see us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Best Western Muncie
#4 of 13 in Muncie
Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center
Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University? Share your experiences!