“Okay, not great!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Oriskany Falls, New York
“Okay, not great!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a typical Fairfield Inn maybe on the small size. The staff were not overly friendly but the room was what you would expect. However, the price was a bit high for what we got (It's Muncie, IN for crying out loud). On a more positive note, they did open the breakfast buffet very early in the morning for those of us that were there for the Ironman 70.3! They also neglected to delete our second night's stay as we had made different plans. They rectified this by crediting our card after we got home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Bruce H,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Muncie. I apologize that your experience with us was less than exceptional. We pride ourselves on impressing our guests and I'm sorry that we came up short. I hope that you will allow us an opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to Muncie.

Jenny V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed in Muncie for a wedding and, as a loyal Marriott customer, opted to stay at the Fairfield. From rude staff to poor quality rooms, even after a recent renovation, this hotel is severely lacking.

Try the Hampton Inn across the way....same price, better hotel.

Room Tip: A good room can be found at the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WonderlustTraveler68
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Indyfaithful,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Muncie and for being a loyal Marriott customer. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than exceptional. It saddens me to hear that my staff was anything less than friendly and helpful. I will be addressing your comments with my entire team to ensure future guests do not feel the same way. It is my hope that you will afford us another opportunity to change your mind on your next stay in Muncie.

Aaron H.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Although going through a complete hotel remodel, the room was very clean and the hallway clutter free. The entrance closest to the room we stayed in was closed due to construction, but the staff were very accommodating in helping us take stuff to our room. We stayed with a one month old and had no issues with noise. The breakfast arrangement was more than just cereal, and after traveling for a week, we were ready for more. There was a nice selection of fresh fruit and drinks. Also, they provided trail mix and candy bars in the lobby for a to go snack, which I haven't ever seen a hotel offer before. We took a couple bags of trail mix and on the drive back to Arkansas, it made the perfect snack.
Overall, we were very impressed that the hotel was still functioning without a hitch even though being torn up.

• Stayed January 2014
Deep River, Connecticut
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I was really pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and I believe recently remodeled. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. The walls were pretty thin, but I turned my fan to "low" (not "auto"), and that provided enough white noise to drown out any other sounds.

The fitness center included two treadmills, an elliptical, and free weights. All of the equipment looked brand new. There were also the wipes for cleaning the equipment (a big plus in my book), towels, and headsets. There was also a water bubbler, although they were out of cups when I was there.

The breakfast was pretty nice and included oatmeal, waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, yogurt, cereals, juices, and fresh fruit - sliced and whole. My only complaint is that the oatmeal was made using milk or cream, and it was pretty salty. Otherwise breakfast was very good.

I thought the parking lot was a little odd. It felt like you were pulling into an automotive shop, I guess because the hotel was set back a little from the road. You just need to pay attention to the gps when it tells you that you've arrived. I might have missed it otherwise. There were a lot of various stores in the area, and it wasn't very far at all from Ball State.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotel seems to be very new, with a nice odor everywhere. Personal are very friendly. The price was really good.
I was surprised that there was not body lotion in the bathroom. Also coffee was not too hoot.
Hotel is located in a nice area.
Overall I enjoyed my stay

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed in this facility several years ago and were disappointed with the outdated facility and unfriendly front desk staff. I am happy to say that this place has really stepped up their game with amazing remodeling and super friendly front desk staff. The new carpet in the rooms is modern and brightly colored. The new bathroom was impeccably clean and bright.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharon H
New Jersey
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a business meeting in Daleville, and I quickly mapped close hotels and this popped up (15-20 min away). Staff was super friendly, and rooms were very clean. They do all the basics very well. It's not in the busiest, most upscale area, keep that in mind for alternate dining experiences.

Breakfast is free and good, variety if cereals, Greek yogurts, eggs, waffles, coffee...

No elevator, but it's only two flights so either floor is fine as long as you don't mind carrying your luggage one flight.

Super reasonable price, includes free wifi, and free parking-would stay here again. Felt safe as a woman traveling by herself.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank seversandheller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Fairfield Inn Muncie? Share your experiences!