“Pleasantly Surprised”

Fairfield Inn Muncie
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was really pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and I believe recently remodeled. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. The walls were pretty thin, but I turned my fan to "low" (not "auto"), and that provided enough white noise to drown out any other sounds.

The fitness center included two treadmills, an elliptical, and free weights. All of the equipment looked brand new. There were also the wipes for cleaning the equipment (a big plus in my book), towels, and headsets. There was also a water bubbler, although they were out of cups when I was there.

The breakfast was pretty nice and included oatmeal, waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, yogurt, cereals, juices, and fresh fruit - sliced and whole. My only complaint is that the oatmeal was made using milk or cream, and it was pretty salty. Otherwise breakfast was very good.

I thought the parking lot was a little odd. It felt like you were pulling into an automotive shop, I guess because the hotel was set back a little from the road. You just need to pay attention to the gps when it tells you that you've arrived. I might have missed it otherwise. There were a lot of various stores in the area, and it wasn't very far at all from Ball State.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotel seems to be very new, with a nice odor everywhere. Personal are very friendly. The price was really good.
I was surprised that there was not body lotion in the bathroom. Also coffee was not too hoot.
Hotel is located in a nice area.
Overall I enjoyed my stay

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed in this facility several years ago and were disappointed with the outdated facility and unfriendly front desk staff. I am happy to say that this place has really stepped up their game with amazing remodeling and super friendly front desk staff. The new carpet in the rooms is modern and brightly colored. The new bathroom was impeccably clean and bright.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was in town for a business meeting in Daleville, and I quickly mapped close hotels and this popped up (15-20 min away). Staff was super friendly, and rooms were very clean. They do all the basics very well. It's not in the busiest, most upscale area, keep that in mind for alternate dining experiences.

Breakfast is free and good, variety if cereals, Greek yogurts, eggs, waffles, coffee...

No elevator, but it's only two flights so either floor is fine as long as you don't mind carrying your luggage one flight.

Super reasonable price, includes free wifi, and free parking-would stay here again. Felt safe as a woman traveling by herself.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank seversandheller
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Undergoing renovation. Manager sent an email prior to our stay letting us know there might be some noise during certain hours. Stayed friday night and left saturday morning. We were not disturbed at all. Rooms were clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly. Excellent breakfast to get going in the morning. Great to see them making the investment to upgrade.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Don C
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This Fairfield didn't knock my socks off and wasn't bad enough to warrant any negativity. The area is not very upscale and its very basic, just like this hotel. The rooms were ok and clean. A little worn, but the bed was very comfy. i stayed here only one night as I was in town for a meeting.

There is a lot of eating places around and Best Buy is right down the street.

The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Jeff K,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Muncie. I'm glad to hear that my staff was friendly. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. Our goal is to impress every guest that stays with us, and I'm truly sorry we did not succeed in that goal. You should be happy to know that we are currently under going renovations that we believe will offer our guests an exceptional stay. Please come back and see us when they are finished, if not before.

Aaron H.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in Muncie for 5 days. The area does not appear to be that affluent, so I was correct in thinking that none of the locations would be very posh.

The Fairfield in Muncie is a smaller property that will take care of all of your basic needs for a good price. The beds are fantastic, the pillows comfy, the AC system easy to use, the rooms clean, and the staff friendly.

Don't expect mini-fridges or microwaves in your room. The pool is small but clean, and when I went swimming with a female friend, no one was there so we had it to ourselves.

One strange thing was that there seemed to be nothing in the room. By that, I mean that it seemed like it was missing something. I'm not sure what it was, but it gave the appearance of being a mostly empty rectangular space. Still, maybe it's just that the rooms have more space than I'm used to, with less clutter? I certainly had plenty of room for my luggage.

While this hotel isn't super fancy, it is very convenient, comfy, and clean. Furthermore, the prices are great. I'd recommend it to most everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Best Western Muncie
#4 of 13 in Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Best Western Plus Anderson

Been to Fairfield Inn Muncie? Share your experiences!