“Good Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We took part in a 5K run in Yorktown and stayed the night before at the Fairfield Inn in Muncie. The rooms and common areas were very clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and courteous. The beds were comfortable. Scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles were available in addition to the usual hotel continental breakfast fare. The breakfast area was kept clean and all items were kept stocked. The water for making tea and hot chocolate could have been a little hotter.

There is no elevator so guests who have trouble climbing stairs should request a first floor room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do try to accomodate any guests who can not handle stairs so you were correct in stating that if guests can not handle stairs they should request the first floor. I can tell you also that we are scheduled for a full renovation later this year which will include the addition of an elevator.

I will make sure to bring up the hot water issue to the breakfast staff as well.

Aaron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here for a Ball State weekend. Convenient location off I-69. We had double queen, connecting rooms on second floor (no elevator but there's only two floors, no impact). Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, clean/mold-free pool area that's open until midnight. Staff were all courteous/helpful.

Room Tip: If you have issues with stairs resolve them when booking (no elevator).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I do thank you for the kind words. Our hotel does have some obstacles that we have to overcome but we do try to make up for those by offering clean rooms and great service.

We look forward to having you stay with us agian in the future.

Hammond, IN
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night while visiting our Ball State student. It was a last minute trip and I was able to book the room through Priceline at the rate of $50, plus fees and taxes for a total of about $63.

The hotel is clean and has ample free parking. We were greeted at the desk by Matt who was very pleasant and helpful. Check in was quick and easy and the room was big and clean. There was in room coffee available and plenty of towels.

They offer a free breakfast which included coffee, tea, juices, bagels, English muffins and other assorted breads along with various accompaniments including peanut butter and cream cheese. There were fresh waffles available as well as assorted cereals and fresh fruit. There were also eggs and sausage patties which looked very unappetizing. The breakfast area was very clean.

Overall a very good stay for a good price. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you don't want to climb the stairs request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and the kind words. I will make sure to pass along the compliments to my staff. Also I will make sure to check with our breakfast hostess to make sure we are doing everything possible to make the eggs and sausage look more appetizing.

We look forward to having you stay with us again during future visits to the Muncie area.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Lowell, Michigan
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for one night this week prior to our Ball State visit.
This hotel is average looking from the outside, but well above average inside. The desk staff were friendly and very helpful.
The pool and spa were clean. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and the gal kept everything clean, hot and replenished. This will be our place to stay in Muncie.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor. No elevator but it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to my staff. I know they all work very hard to make sure are rooms are clean and our guests are taken care of.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Monticello
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Muncie Ind for one evening. check in was a very pleasant experience as Matt was very nice and helpful to ensure we had all our needs met. The room was well appointed and clean. The bed was very nice with no surprises. Breakfast the next morning was your unusual continential type breakfast and the area was clean. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and we would stay there again. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I want to thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Muncie area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few days and overall enjoyed my stay there. The employees were friendly and answered all my questions. The interior in the hotel was very clean and smelled great. My room looked good and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is located in a good location with Walmart, Best Buy, and a ton of fast food chain within walking distance. My only complaints with the hotel is that my first night there I was placed in a room with a very loud A/C unit (that rattled all night). I called the front desk and the gentleman placed me into a room the next day without any problems. Secondly, this is the first hotel I've been in that doesn't have an elevator (I know it's weird), but luckily I didn't pack much because it was a business travel. Lastly, the internet connection their is EXTREMELY SLOW!! This will be a problem for business users that need to connect to their company vpn. Fortunately, I just hopped on the free internet access provided by Lowes (much much faster), that's reachable from the hotel and was able to do what I needed.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 1st floor if you have a lot of luggage, due the hotel not having an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for your review. I can tell you that we are scheduled for an upgrade to our internet access at the end of February. We are also planning a full renovation the first half of this year so the elevator issue and most of the other issues you had will be a thing of the past.

We do hope to see you again on future trips to Muncie.

Brookfield, Illinois
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Okay the person who compared this to the Sofitel maybe be overly excited. But is a very good option. I found the hotel very clean. The service was friendly. The room was clean. The pool area was clean, stocked with extra towels and open untl midnight. Breakfast was included, pretty much your standard freebie hotel breakfast - make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins, bread and toast. They also had hot scrambled eggs and sausage.

This is just a few blocks from the Ball State campus and on the main drag plenty of restaurants on the main road and shopping just up the street.

My only complaint is the size of the bathrooms very tiny for a hotel bathroom. The door practically hits the toilet as you open it, so you had to get all the way in, and get between the toilet and counter to close the door. Also usually i will do my hair while the hubby is shaving or what not and definitely could not have two people mirror at the same time. but if your a single travler or allow a little extra time for two people to get ready you will be fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the small bathrooms. We were converted a number of years ago and we were left with smaller than usual bathrooms.

I am glad to hear that our location was convenient and served you well for your stay.

We do hope to see you again on your future trips to the Muncie area.

Aaron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Fairfield Inn Muncie? Share your experiences!