“Spotlessly Clean and Friendly staff”

Fairfield Inn Muncie
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Lowell, Michigan
“Spotlessly Clean and Friendly staff”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for one night this week prior to our Ball State visit.
This hotel is average looking from the outside, but well above average inside. The desk staff were friendly and very helpful.
The pool and spa were clean. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and the gal kept everything clean, hot and replenished. This will be our place to stay in Muncie.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor. No elevator but it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to my staff. I know they all work very hard to make sure are rooms are clean and our guests are taken care of.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Aaron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Monticello
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Muncie Ind for one evening. check in was a very pleasant experience as Matt was very nice and helpful to ensure we had all our needs met. The room was well appointed and clean. The bed was very nice with no surprises. Breakfast the next morning was your unusual continential type breakfast and the area was clean. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and we would stay there again. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aaron H, Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I want to thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Muncie area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few days and overall enjoyed my stay there. The employees were friendly and answered all my questions. The interior in the hotel was very clean and smelled great. My room looked good and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is located in a good location with Walmart, Best Buy, and a ton of fast food chain within walking distance. My only complaints with the hotel is that my first night there I was placed in a room with a very loud A/C unit (that rattled all night). I called the front desk and the gentleman placed me into a room the next day without any problems. Secondly, this is the first hotel I've been in that doesn't have an elevator (I know it's weird), but luckily I didn't pack much because it was a business travel. Lastly, the internet connection their is EXTREMELY SLOW!! This will be a problem for business users that need to connect to their company vpn. Fortunately, I just hopped on the free internet access provided by Lowes (much much faster), that's reachable from the hotel and was able to do what I needed.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 1st floor if you have a lot of luggage, due the hotel not having an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for your review. I can tell you that we are scheduled for an upgrade to our internet access at the end of February. We are also planning a full renovation the first half of this year so the elevator issue and most of the other issues you had will be a thing of the past.

We do hope to see you again on future trips to Muncie.

Brookfield, Illinois
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Okay the person who compared this to the Sofitel maybe be overly excited. But is a very good option. I found the hotel very clean. The service was friendly. The room was clean. The pool area was clean, stocked with extra towels and open untl midnight. Breakfast was included, pretty much your standard freebie hotel breakfast - make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, muffins, bread and toast. They also had hot scrambled eggs and sausage.

This is just a few blocks from the Ball State campus and on the main drag plenty of restaurants on the main road and shopping just up the street.

My only complaint is the size of the bathrooms very tiny for a hotel bathroom. The door practically hits the toilet as you open it, so you had to get all the way in, and get between the toilet and counter to close the door. Also usually i will do my hair while the hubby is shaving or what not and definitely could not have two people mirror at the same time. but if your a single travler or allow a little extra time for two people to get ready you will be fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the small bathrooms. We were converted a number of years ago and we were left with smaller than usual bathrooms.

I am glad to hear that our location was convenient and served you well for your stay.

We do hope to see you again on your future trips to the Muncie area.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2012

To attend the Midwest Writers Workshop, I reserved a room at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Muncie a few months ago. This reservation was confirmed via e-mail. Five days before my arrival, I received an e-mail reminder, including a confirmation number and the dates of my stay (two nights).

Imagine my surprise when I arrived and was told the computer "had made a mistake" and there was no room for me available. Instead, I was to stay at the Signature Inn across the street. And if I wanted to, I could return the next day to spend the second night. Unfortunately, the Signature Inn in Muncie is a run-down affair of smelly rooms and sticky carpets. I had stayed there two years prior and vowed never to return.

The desk clerk was not at all sympathetic, not even after I mentioned that I had never - in 30 years of business and leisure travel - experienced a hotel that refused to honor my reservation. He insisted that the hotel had paid for the night at the other hotel and that was the best they could do.

Really?

So I asked myself why I was the unfortunate soul. Was it that they could sell my room (two queen beds) for a lot more? Was it because I was by myself and female - an easier target? Would they have done this to my husband?

What I do know is that computers don't make mistakes - people make mistakes, that I had a written confirmation of my reservation with a confirmation number and that I checked in at an early afternoon hour. Oh, and I should mention that I'm a copywriter in my early fifties.

I would've at least expected an offer of a free night at a Marriott, something that should have been easy to do. There is no excuse for this kind of unprofessional handling of the situation. As a guest, I had to bear the hotel's mistake. At a minimum, I should have been placed in a hotel of equal quality, not a low-end establishment.

As far as the future is concerned, I will never stay at another Marriott brand and I will do my best to spread the message. You know what they say about a negative experience, it goes far.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Obsidianmocha
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We do apologize for having to send you to our competitor. We do typically send our guests to one of the more comparable hotels, however when we called to make arrangements those properties we generally utilize in these situations informed us that they had nothing available. With the writers conference and at least two different training seminars that where in town during that time, hotel rooms were rather scarce. The Signature was the only hotel that said they had availability when we called to make arrangements for the rooms that we needed.

As far as the oversold situation with all the different avenues of booking rooms (online, at the hotel, 800 numbers, etc.) overbookings do happen from time to time. The major deciding factor for our hotel and many others, is usually the hotel loyalty program and that was the case here. Let me reassure you that at no time, with this situation or any other, is there any discriminatory motives or processes in sending our guests to another hotel.

I do hope that you give Marriott a chance to prove that this was an unfortunate yet isolated incident and by no means the regular method by which we conduct our business.

Thank you for your time and feedback.
St peters, missouri
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The only complaint I have is no laundry room or microwave in room. This is absolutely the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. I have traveled extensively and stayed in some of the finest hotels. This hotels cleanliness is up with the Sofitel in Chicago! I was so pleasantly surprised about this because I stayed at a Fairfield in Alabama and Memphis and it was horrible. When my husband pulled up I was furious until I entered and WOW!!! Not only is this a extremely clean hotel the staff is incredible. They are so professional,helpful and NICE!!!!!! our son will be attending Ball state so I plan to visit Fairfield often. Enjoyed my stay and Loved this place!!!

Room Tip: we were in 205 it was extremely clean and nice the cleaning is AMAZING they went out of their way t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our property. Our staff takes pride in their work and try their hardest to deliver great customer service and a very clean room.

Again I thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Muncie is fairly grim when it comes to hotel choices. There are only a handful of hotels, and they are all lower to mid range chains out on the highway. It is hard to understand why no one has developed a hotel downtown or near Ball State University... But, that's what it is.

I come here fairly often for business, and I have stayed at pretty much all of the chain hotels here. The Fairfield Inn is my new least favorite. Not only is there no elevator, but – although the rooms are clean – they seem not to be fully stocked. Last night, for example, I found I had two tubes of conditioner, but no shampoo. And two hand towels, but no bath towels.

I recommend that anyone who stays here ask for a ground floor room – and check the supplies before settling in.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank YetAnotherViajera
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
I would like to apologize for the improperly stocked room you had during your recent stay. We do have a handful of new employees, however that is no excuse. I will make sure that this is brought to the attention of the housekeeping staff and that they focus on ensuring that the correct items are in the room upon it's completion.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Fairfield Inn Muncie? Share your experiences!