“Nice fresh choice”

The Pita Pit
Ranked #62 of 213 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had a few minutes to catch lunch before a wedding and decided to give this a shot instead of typical fast food. Think Subway with fresher, more flavorful and a better variety of choices. Leans toward a Greek flavor with Falafel and hummus as some of the choices. Our server was friendly and fast. He took the time to explain the way things worked, as we have never visited a Pita Pit before. Good option for a quick lunch.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped-in for an early lunch at the Muncie Pita Pit and enjoyed the food, if not the atmosphere. The concept is simple, but clever: split a pita about half way, stuff the pocket with sandwich fixings and a protein, and roll-up like a burrito! I chose grilled chicken and my wife had falafel. We individually choose the rest of the ingredients and our order was prepared in front of us. There was a choice of lettuce and a variety of other fresh veggies, peppers, cheeses, and sauce/dressing. I was disappointed that they were out of tzatziki. Service was fast and friendly and the cost with fountain drink was less than $10 a person. While the restaurant was clean, the atmosphere was typically fast-food: loud colors and music. While located in the retail "Village" next to the Ball State University campus, there was free parking immediately adjacent. It's a nice lunch alternative to the bars that line University Avenue in this area.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I don't have pita pits where I live, the staff working on 10-27-12 gave me directions and provided me with the best lunch I have had in a month! Not your average sandwich & pita place! Try chicken, bacon, Swiss, feta, romaine, mushrooms pineapple and barbecue sauce!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Luke and the crew at Pita Pit offer a great option for our family. The food is fresh and crafted to order, the place is spotlessly clean, and the service is always welcoming and friendly. There's a pride in ownership that shines through every time we visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Pita Pit was a nice alternative to nearby Subway and Jimmy John's. However, since they only had two people working on a Saturday night, the lines were long. From the time I paid to the time I started eating, about 15 minutes had passed. It should have taken less than 5 minutes. Despite this setback, the food was good, especially compared to the food on the actual campus of Ball State University.

Been to The Pita Pit? Share your experiences!