“So much heavenly breakfast food”
Review of Eva's Pancake House - CLOSED

Eva's Pancake House
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great place to eat if you are hungry for breakfast. I typically get a giant-sized omelet and chocolate chip pancakes (they taste just like cookies). Can get crowded around holidays and family weekends as BSU, but I hardly ever mind the wait.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This restaurant is terrible. The manager was too busy talking on his cell phone to pay attention to us. The food was god-awful. The decor was hideous. The floor was dirty. The only bright spot was the server, who was nice and attentive. She deserves to work in a better restaurant.

Skip this place and go somewhere else.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had no idea until a recent visit how good Eva's was. Took family that was here visiting. The pancakes were excellent. My family said it was the best meal we took them out for during their visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Visting my mom, she insisted they had a great breakfast place in Muncie. I noticed how clean the place is right away. The floor was immaculate so were the tables and the utincils.
I ordered an egg scramble with bacon and hashbrown with a side of pancakes. The eggs were cooked perfectly without being dry and the hashrowns actually had flavoe but my o my! the panckase were the best I've ever had, EVER! Light & fluffy, sprinkled lightly with a dusting of powdered sugar I didn't even use syrup! My mom ordered an egg white omelet with feta and spinach. It was so amazingly fluffy I couldn't believe it and the taste! wow! I was so disappointed I didn't have room for more! My hubby got an omelet loaded with cheeses and meats and it also was unbelieveably fluffy. I don't know how they do it! Next time we go to Muncie I plan to have breakfast at Eva's each day! I failed to mention that the cost of eating here was ridiculously low considering the quality AND quantity of the food. The service was VERY attentive as well.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I heard there was a time when Eva’s Pancake house, a locally-owned, and locally-operated pancake house, had tasty, well-cooked food and friendly, efficient servers. I had such a deplorable lunch experience that I will simply stick to the facts. I ordered a Greek salad, for $7.95, and asked her to "please, hold the Anchovies and hold what the menu called the sprinkled on Oregano." "Does it come with garlic toast or bread ?" I asked. "No, crackers, " she said. The salad came 15 minutes later along with my dining companion's grilled pork chop and side salad. The Greek salad came with stale "off-brand" saltine type crackers and 2 plastic packets of Italian dressing, thus- we now know the reason for the "sprinkled oregano." The first clue was that the lettuce was wet. Salad greens should not be wet with room temperature water, and the 2nd part is that as I began to eat my salad, the amount of brown, slimy and dark green lettuces that I removed so I could eat the salad, began to grow larger than the salad remaining in the bowl. The server returned saw the bowl of brown lettuce leaves and said nothing and left the table. She did bring a coffee refill for my lunch companion. When my companion’s grilled pork chop was finished the server returned to the table and asked “ was everything OK?” I said "no, the salad was not edible as there is way too much brown and over-ripe lettuce." She said "oh," and took it away and put it all in the dirty dish tub. She made no effort to ask if she could help me with something else or attempted any form of service recovery. There were very few lunch customers and I suspect there will be fewer as time passes. She brought the check-- $21.37 for 1 grilled pork chop with small side salad, a coffee, an iced tea, and an inedible, wet, "Greek" salad. She made no attempt to offer credit for the lunch salad that I was unable to eat, and she offered no apology. I suspect, it's not the server's fault-- in my experience a restaurant's food quality and service quality tend to spiral downward together as the place declines. She probably had rigid 'marching orders' for quality concerns and they most likely included that she would cover the cost of the meal if it was declined by the customer. Still, being indifferent in a service industry does not bode well for return customers or tips.