“Good Food but Not What it Used to Be” 4 of 5 bubbles

Johnny Carino's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 208 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anderson, Indiana
“Good Food but Not What it Used to Be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have always been a fan of this restaurant. Yes, it is like an Olive Garden, but they do have a more varied menu in my opinion. Years ago when they first opened in Muncie, they had several dishes I liked and the portions were massive. Today, however this is not really the case. Compared to 5 years ago, their pasta entrees are 1/3 the size they used to be. They got rid of their amazing tomato bread soup, as well as a few other entrees that were tasty and I ordered often. When I come here I always get the Spicy Chicken and Shrimp because it is extremely good and it is always the same every time I order it. I love their bread and dipping sauce as well - so much so that I order a bottle to go each time because I like to cook with the oil.

However, in the past few times I have been here their silver wear needs to be looked at before you use it because it is almost always dirty or at least dirty looking (we were here this weekend and there were 2 forks with food particles caked on). I do not come here often because the people I usually dine with hate the food here. I do not know what it is about this restaurant but when I go with people, they either love it or hate it. There is no in between. We have always had very attentive service and no issues there. I like the food here so I will always come back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Muncie, Indiana
“Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food is extremely good. service has been alright. However, every time I've been there, the dishes have been dirty. When you ask for new dishes, they will even bring dishes that are just as dirty as the first ones. I dislike paying $60 for a meal served on dirty dishes.

Visited February 2013
Monticello
“ok visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

nice environment, courteous service. food was ok. We enjoyed the appetizer which was nachos..very good.

Visited January 2013
“Good Italian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We shared the sampler plate, very good, enough for 2. Very good service. We went there late and got right in, good atmosphere, lots of TV's.

Visited January 2013
Waterloo, Indiana
“It was perfect fit for my Italian tastes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Have been there twice now and was more than satisfied both times. The pasta was superb and the service was as well. If you like Italian at a reasonable price than you will want to give it a try.

• Visited August 2012