“I still feel dirty...”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
“I still feel dirty...”
Reviewed June 21, 2006

Where to start...
The pictures on the site look nice. Thats not at a all what you'll find when you get there. The Lobby was decent looking. The parking lot was filthy. No one has picked up trash in years. The sheets had stains on them, the air conditioner was busted, the tv quality was extremely poor, the pool was so full of muck that it smelled from many feet away, the ice machine was full of bugs and not working, the washer and dryer were busted, there was brown water coming out of the faucet, I stayed one night and looked through some windows of vacant rooms and saw they were dirty. I went back there again 4 days later to pick up a friend and the rooms were still dirty and uintouched. I could barely shut the door, I had to slam it. The alarm clock was busted. The breakfast wasn't even OFFERED. I think that there were only a few people staying there so, they probably didn't feel the need to give it out. The hotel staff was lazy. She was laying down on the couch watching tv when I came up to the service desk and watched tv until commercial. Very Rude. Never asked me how my stay way. This place is disgusting, and not worth the price at all.

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 11, 2006

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen in my life. When you first walk in there is a sign that states that "no refunds will be given after check-in". There's a reason for that sign and that is because once you check out your room and grounds your first reaction will be to leave. The rooms were disgustingly dirty, the mattress was wet, dirty linens on the floor and under the beds. I actually checked back out right after I checked in and I was not the only one to do so. There are candles burning in the lobby with a fan to help with the odor. If you plan on staying here, bring sheets and plastic because you'll need them.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank JayCee510
Indiana
Reviewed May 20, 2006

If the rooms looked as good as the pics showed this place would have it made. The bed frame was bent, the Jacuzzi tub was filthy and cracked, filter was full of hair. The bath tub was terrible they had put a liner in it (along time ago it looked very bad) under the liner it was full of water very hard to keep your balance. The coffee and sugar looked like it had been there alooooog time, tables was dirty, the chair was even worse we dident even sit in it, it was sooooo dirty. We cleaned the room. They gave us a disscount. We know why now !!!!! I think,,, be better if it hired new cleaning people. No alarmclock, cups, bucket to get ice. Only 1 ice machine. No place to eat there like it says! Need better lighting for security was awaken at 4AM to beer bottles being broken in the drive couldent see what was going on at the time but seen the mess later!!!!!!!!! People standing outside the door talking very loud. Wouldent and wont go back, and wont recommend it!!!

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank Jean S
Reviewed January 26, 2006

This was the third visit to this hotel. My husband,kids and I drove by and seen a sign..."new owners and management". When we first walked in we could tell the difference. The staff greeted us at the door....the place looked very clean and kept up. The lady that helped us, gave us a lot of useful information on where to eat. I asked about the restraunt on the site and she informed us they were working on it. I peeked me head in the bar, you could tell it had been worked on. The room smelt of fresh lemons or something "clean". I spoke with a women and her husband staying in the room 3 doors down from us....they had stayed there priviously and also said things were looking up for this hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel to all family and friends.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2005

It looks good on the internet but disappointing when you arrive. The rate was cheap and you do get what you pay for. The bar and resturant were not open the whole time we stayed. The staff was friendly but the hotel is very run down, the only ice machine working was in the kitchen (that was closed) so you always had to find someone to help you. The pool was algie free but needed some attention. I would suggest you keep driving and find another place to stay. I do recommend eating at Sue's Kitchen while in town. Best biscuits and gravy I've had in a long time!

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 20, 2004

It's now called Best Value Inn. I think we were the only people staying there. The place is poorly run and very unclean and old. Blankets with holes in it, air condition that was very loud, unclean bathroom and no breakfast. Wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here - I paid $63 pre-tax for this place. Didn't think it was good value at all. Sorry.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member