“Not so much a dive as a destination”
Review of Greek's Pizzeria

Greek's Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 209 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed November 4, 2013

One of he really great things about moving to a new town is finding new local favorites. Sometimes you have to go back at least one or more times to decide it really will become a favorite destination on date night.
Nope, I don't have to go back to decide that Greek's will be favorite. One bite into the Greek's Special Pizza was enough to convince me that a return trip is in the not so distant future. I even made sure that we were in their delivery area! Yeah, it's that good.
The crust was just right. A yeasty concoction that just added to the overall taste of the pizza rather than just act as a vehicle for the toppings to reach your mouth. Speaking of the toppings. Generous amounts of meats, veg, cheese and sauce. The spices were just right. I had a glass of very fresh unsweet ice tea, my husband had a beer.
I could wax poetic about Greek's Pizzeria for a long time, but I'll keep this short and just say we'll meet you there! You can find out for yourself why this went into my Favorites column right away.

There are newer reviews for Greek's Pizzeria

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I had heard that "The Greek" made the best pizza in Muncie, but were surprised not only when it was true, but that the pizza was truly exceptional. We stopped in on a weekday evening and found the restaurant uncrowded and the staff friendly and attentive. We shared an anti-pasta salad and a Greek Special pie that included sausage, pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, onion, and green peppers. The crust was hand-tossed, cooked perfectly, and chewy at the edges. The sauce was mild, but full of tomato flavor. We noted that the onion and green peppers had been sliced very thin which prevented their strong flavors overwhelming any one bite.

This was without a doubt one of the best, if not the very best, pizzas I have ever had.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

It should be stated that this is not a "dive" joint. Greek's isn't where you go for cheap, greasy, hate-yourself-later pizza.

Fresh ingredients, crust and sauce made in house, and the garlic butter sauce make this pizza indulgent, but not excessive.

Even before I came to Muncie, people told me about this place like it was a legend, so it was one of the first places I tried when I moved here. Honestly, I was a little worried when I saw the prices (much more than the local off-campus pizza joint from my alma mater), but when I took my first bite, I never questioned the value!

Great place to take visiting friends or family - and check out their daily specials for when you're just in the mood for a great pizza!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

With Ball State University being in Muncie a good Pizzeria would surely work,right? It surely did and now their are several in the state under the name of The Forum! Have a big appetite, the sandwiches are big and tasty and the Pizza outstanding. The bread sticks are the best anywhere!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our favorite pizza place in Muncie. If you didn't grow up in Muncie, you may not appreciate Pizza King. That describes my husband and I. It took us awhile, but we finally found a pizza place that we like. We order from Greek's frequently. But keep in mind that they do not take credit card! I don't usually get the breadsticks because they are swimming in butter. But I think I'll ask them next time to go easy on the butter-- because they are good otherwise! We like the cheese pizza and sausage and mushroom pizza! Why I don't give 5 stars: the mushrooms are not fresh and they don't have spinach. We don't dine in often, but they have a quaint dining room.

Been to Greek's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!