“Great food, oustanding service!”
Review of Barn Brasserie - CLOSED

Barn Brasserie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2013

One of the newest restaurant's in Muncie, this is THE place to go. Matt (the owner) was very accomodating with my special requests for A list Celeb we had in town. And our Artist loved the food as much as I did did. The meatloaf and Mashed potatoes may have been the best I have ever had, and the oven baked Brussell Sprouts with bacon were delicious.

Definitely going back the the Barn Brasserie next time I am in town with another act.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Barn Brasserie is a wonderful new addition to Muncie's rather limited dining choices. The menu changes monthly, so regular patrons have something new to look forward to. The menu isn't large, but offers something for everyone...vegetarian, vegan, carnivores, etc. Much of the food is locally sourced and is excellent quality. The combination of ingredients is unique, incredibly flavorful and always a happy surprise. The owners/chefs have previously worked at a well-known local restaurant, and obviously know how to please their patrons. Each time we visit Barn Brasserie, there are more and more people dining there, so the word is spreading that this is a terrific restaurant. And, the prices are surprisingly reasonable. The restaurant has several rooms, one with a bar. There are several beer selections featured and the servers are happy to offer a sample. Service is uneven, mostly affected by the number of patrons in the restaurant, but the food is worth the wait. Atmosphere is nothing special, but everything is clean and fresh. Servers are knowledgeable about the food, earnest and eager to please, if a bit unsophisticated. Drinks are served in glass Ball canning jars, a nice touch. Every dish we've tried here has been excellent, which we find unusual in a new restaurant. Even the salads have unique flavors and ingredients. There is nothing else in Muncie like Barn Brasserie, and we gratefully eat there weekly.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had a wonderful lunch at Barn Brasserie yesterday with our daughter, a student at Ball State. This is a very casual place, with wood siding walls, wagon wheel/ball jar "chandeliers", and paintings of country scenery on the walls. The menu is compact, but with options for most eaters. In typical farm to table fashion, they showcase ingredients from local growers. We tried the barn burger, which was seriously delicious. We are a bit snooty on burgers, and this one passed the test with flying colors. Great fries as well, and you are given the choice of dips on the side. We also had the wedge salad with their house dressing. Very tasty. Really looking forward to making a return visit to try some of their dinner menu offerings. You can certainly tell they use high quality ingredients and have a chef who knows what to do with them!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

While on a business trip in the Muncie area, I was told about this restaurant and glad I was. We went for dinner and had the daily Barn Burger (changes daily: ours was lamb with chutney, goat cheese, fried sage) and the chicken blt burger (sun-dried tomato pesto, asiago, lettuce, mayo; I skipped the bacon marmalade). Both were very good, as were the mound of fries they came with. Nice touch is that you can choose from among 6 sauces for your burger. We also indulged and started with the onion rings -- "beer battered, cajun spiced, bleu cheese dip" -- which, alone, were worth the visit. Prices seemed reasonable for what we got. And the place is much more attractive than it appears in the photo posted here by another diner. Since I couldn't find the Barn's menu online, I'm posting photos I took of it, with apologies for their quality.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

In a rush to go to an early concert, we needed a fast dinner but that did not mean a bad one. So we looked to see which restaurants were available in Muncie, IN and found the Barn Brasserie, despite some unhappy comments about it. I am happy to report that we have finally found “the place to go to” in Muncie, IN. Their menu is based on what local farms can produce, and one can really tell from the offerings and the quality of the food presented to us. Since we were in a hurry we opted for their burger menu. I had the more traditional 8 oz with its accompanying hand cut fries and my partner had the Korean duck burger with kimchi and a fried egg on top. My beverage of choice was iced tea made from yerba mate tea, and it was green! The meat was outstanding and lean, the sauce on the traditional burger was the Barn’s traditional sauce, simply outstanding. I practically licked the plate! Yes, it’s a little more than one would pay for a burger but it’s worth every penny of it. The service was informal but friendly and prompt. This is a place worth cultivating and a welcome addition to a dining scene in an otherwise lacking one. Can’t wait to go back and try the desserts and the soups and salads or the entrees. Very innovative and without the pretension that normally accompanies such effort!