“Five stars for Muncie”

Damask Cafe
Ranked #13 of 213 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Food was great. We had the appetizer plate between three people - it was top quality. It also was a meal in itself. The salads are great. The soup is wonderful. The mains are great. I think the wraps are good, but I am not a fan of wraps in general. Basically the food is excellent and high quality. The hot tea and coffee are also good. This is without doubt the best restaurant in Muncie at the moment.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Lovely service, rather tasty, but a far cry from real mediterranean food. My wife and I live in the Middle East and know our food. I've never seen pink hommus, for example...

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The atmosphere was good. Although I found the food healthy, the cook seemed to rely mainly on garlic as a seasoning to the exception of other spices so I found it bland. The grape leaf dolmas were what I expected. I would eat here again but the food was not exceptional just average.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were in town for the Indy 500 (Muncie is close to it) and were looking on the GPS for something different. The Damask Cafe is a full scale restaurant specializing in Lebanese-Syrian food.Items are very inexpenisve from $5.95 for generous appetizers $18.95 for a huge combination platter that serves two.With a healthy Middle Eastern bent, appetizers include hummus,baba gannoush, falafel, ful medammes-(fava beans with tomatoes,onions, parsley,lemon juice and olive oil-served with warm pita bread),stuffed grape leaves, spanikopita which is of more Greek origin-(filo dough filled with spinach,feta cheese,onion and summac),they also offer healthy salads, wraps and generous entrees of signature summac flavored offerings.Their summac chicken entree won best entree-2013 "A Taste of Muncie".,Summac is a seasoning that imparts a tart, piquant flavor to the food, most unusual. Although there are unhealthier fried foods most are well-made. They also offer soups,mint coleslaw and basmati rice.Our food was fresh,I did not see canned foods or frozen meat. You have to go to a road that backs the main drag, GPS got us there without trouble and they have outdoor seating with a full bar outside. Inside is nicely, exotically decorated, with soft Arabic music. The wait-persons are local college kids who were friendly,attentive,and clean-cut.We thouroughly enjoyed our meal and had left-overs for the motel room.They do take-out and website is Damaskcafe.com.Open seven days a week from 11am till 9 or 10pm.They also cater larger affairs.Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been here a few times now and each time I am thoroughly impressed with my food. The portions are large and are reasonably priced. Their rice is the best I have ever had along with their pita and hummus. If you live in Muncie and want to try something that is a nice change of pace, I would highly recommend Cafe Damask.

Been to Damask Cafe? Share your experiences!