“Wonderful!”

Ranked #15 of 209 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Indian
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love Sitara. Great atmosphere and staff. The owner is always visible and is incredibly welcoming. The food is always delicious; I have never been disappointed with what I've ordered.

The buffet is small, but I would recommend it to those who want to give Indian cuisine a try, as it is slightly cheaper than ordering off the menu and the dishes are not as spicy. Even when you do order off the menu; however, you have the choice between mild, medium, or spicy.

Like other reviewers, I have to say that the prices a little high on some things, but it is well worth it.

2 Thank Hannah H

O'fallon, Missouri
“Order off the menu”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

And do not bother with the lunch buffet. We have several superb Indian buffets in St. Louis and this one suffers by comparison. It was really small and did not have a great variety of dishes to try. The ones they did have were very bland and under spiced. I would go back but I would go back at night and I would order off of the menu.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Annette C
Muncie, Indiana
“Great food and staff. Gluten free savvy.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The owner and staff worked with our kids to hand pick a meal for them. They enjoyed the meal - and one is a pretty picky eater. A little pricy, but good. Nice atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank indyemmett
Fort Wayne
“Surprise in Muncie”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

And let me say, I'm not an Indian food fan but my husband is from Scotland, Indian food being the national cuisine, we're always looking for a good Indian. The vegetable pakora was the best we've had in Indiana. We also tried Chicken Makhani and Chicken Madras. The garlic naan was excellent as well. The service was good and we had no complaints on cleanliness or hygiene. Which, is something I can't say about every Indian restaurant I've been to in Indiana. I did think the prices were a little bit high but not so high that we wouldn't visit there again. We're not the most adventuresome lot when it comes to our protein so I can't say how the lamb dishes were. I can say that the mango lassi was delicious!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LynnBrooksPrice
Muncie, Indiana
“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food here is AWESOME!!! I HIGHLY recommend going during lunch for the buffet. It is $10 and it is totally worth it. I have never been disappointed. Plus, if you follow Sitara on Facebook, they will post what is on the buffet that day which just makes my mouth water. I have taken several people who say they aren't into 'Indian' food, and they come away very impressed because the food isn't overpowering.

Visited February 2013