“Great food and staff. Gluten free savvy.”

Sitara Indian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 209 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Indian
Muncie, Indiana
“Great food and staff. Gluten free savvy.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The owner and staff worked with our kids to hand pick a meal for them. They enjoyed the meal - and one is a pretty picky eater. A little pricy, but good. Nice atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank indyemmett

Fort Wayne
“Surprise in Muncie”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

And let me say, I'm not an Indian food fan but my husband is from Scotland, Indian food being the national cuisine, we're always looking for a good Indian. The vegetable pakora was the best we've had in Indiana. We also tried Chicken Makhani and Chicken Madras. The garlic naan was excellent as well. The service was good and we had no complaints on cleanliness or hygiene. Which, is something I can't say about every Indian restaurant I've been to in Indiana. I did think the prices were a little bit high but not so high that we wouldn't visit there again. We're not the most adventuresome lot when it comes to our protein so I can't say how the lamb dishes were. I can say that the mango lassi was delicious!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LynnBrooksPrice
Muncie, Indiana
“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food here is AWESOME!!! I HIGHLY recommend going during lunch for the buffet. It is $10 and it is totally worth it. I have never been disappointed. Plus, if you follow Sitara on Facebook, they will post what is on the buffet that day which just makes my mouth water. I have taken several people who say they aren't into 'Indian' food, and they come away very impressed because the food isn't overpowering.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Jacob B
Hartford City, Indiana
“I keep coming back”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My first visit was summer of 2010 or 2011, with friends, and I was very unsure if I would like the food. But I was feeling extra-adventuresome, and was open to trying something new. This place single-handedly turned around my attitude towards "ethnic" food. I love the chicken masala, lamb saag, tandoori chicken, the rice pudding, and there's a green vegetable dish that I had on the buffet once that I can not recall the name of. Delicious! The seasonings create flavors and scents unlike anything in a regular western meat-and-potatoes diet. When I go to Sitara, I always get this feeling like I've gone to someone's house and their grandmother is cooking for us. Wait staff could be a little better, and seems to have high turn over. Go for the buffet if you aren't sure, that way you can sample and find what you like. I recommend this restaurant to everyone, and am always delighted when I can talk someone in to giving it a try. The concern everyone seems to have is whether the food is spicey. NO it isn't all spicey! Go try it.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Doug H
Muncie, Indiana, United States
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here tonight for the first time. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. Service was slow at first but once we ordered everything went smoothly. We had the chicken vindaloo and tandoori shrimp which were both very tastey! Would definetly recommend and will come back!

2 Thank mayrafranco