“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!!”

Sitara Indian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 209 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Indian
Muncie, Indiana
“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food here is AWESOME!!! I HIGHLY recommend going during lunch for the buffet. It is $10 and it is totally worth it. I have never been disappointed. Plus, if you follow Sitara on Facebook, they will post what is on the buffet that day which just makes my mouth water. I have taken several people who say they aren't into 'Indian' food, and they come away very impressed because the food isn't overpowering.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Jacob B

Hartford City, Indiana
“I keep coming back”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My first visit was summer of 2010 or 2011, with friends, and I was very unsure if I would like the food. But I was feeling extra-adventuresome, and was open to trying something new. This place single-handedly turned around my attitude towards "ethnic" food. I love the chicken masala, lamb saag, tandoori chicken, the rice pudding, and there's a green vegetable dish that I had on the buffet once that I can not recall the name of. Delicious! The seasonings create flavors and scents unlike anything in a regular western meat-and-potatoes diet. When I go to Sitara, I always get this feeling like I've gone to someone's house and their grandmother is cooking for us. Wait staff could be a little better, and seems to have high turn over. Go for the buffet if you aren't sure, that way you can sample and find what you like. I recommend this restaurant to everyone, and am always delighted when I can talk someone in to giving it a try. The concern everyone seems to have is whether the food is spicey. NO it isn't all spicey! Go try it.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Doug H
Muncie, Indiana, United States
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here tonight for the first time. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. Service was slow at first but once we ordered everything went smoothly. We had the chicken vindaloo and tandoori shrimp which were both very tastey! Would definetly recommend and will come back!

2 Thank mayrafranco
Richmond, Indiana
“Good with a caveat”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We are always on the lookout for Indian restaurants in the area and found Sitara by accident. It had good comments so we went there. We have been there two times: one for dinner and one for their daily buffet. Their dinner was excellent with the best Pakora I have ever eaten. Their free offering was the Papaddum offered with tamarind sauce and the green cilantro one was excellent as well. The other appetizer was a spicy cauliflower dish that was also very tasty. Our dinners consisted of two lamb dishes and one spinach paneer, all of which were very good. The dessert were the dough balls in syrup, which have to have been the very best of that type of dessert that we have ever encountered. Pricewise it was somewhat high, entrees begin at $14.99 or so. The buffet in comparison to the dinner was a let down. The only meat served was chicken (no goat, no lamb, only chicken), and while the dishes were good there were not numerous. At $10.79 includes tax one expects a little more variety, as in more appetizers and more meat dishes. Recommendation for management: lower your dinner prices by 20%, increase your buffet quality and quantity by 50%, and you will fill your dining room.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RichardSchillen
WI
“Muncie is growing!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Buffet at lunch has more then enough choices for every appetite. Service is friendly and for a small place they do a great business. The mashed carrot dessert pudding is a real sweet find. Give it a try.

Visited October 2012