“Best place to stay in Muncie Indiana!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muncie
McDowell-Nearing House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Muncie B&B and Inns
Roanoke, Virginia
“Best place to stay in Muncie Indiana!”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I found the McDowell-Nearing House to be an ideal place to stay while visiting Muncie. Ball State is on the same street yet this B&B provides a sanctuary from the busy university.

My room was super comfortable and in fact way more than I ever expected! A HUGE selection of digital cable with movies, free WIFI, desk, comfortable bed and totally new amenities (vs an older place with a closet turned into a shower) my room had a huge tiled shower , double sinks and very nice fixtures. Reading lamps near the bed, my own thermostat to make the room exactly the temp I like.

The breakfasts were home cooked with care and I thoroughly enjoyed them. The host sets a beautiful table, don't skip breakfast, you will miss out on something special!

Besides the large library with books and games, this B&B has a complimentary beverage center so you can enjoy sodas, coffees, tea and even hot cocoa. The innkeeper has thought of everything!

Parking is off street and right next to the inn, there is even a ramp up to the front door so you can roll your luggage to check in.

Now for my itinerary which may give you some ideas for your visit to Muncie:

On this visit, besides seeing Ball State and the hospital, we went to see Minnetrista with museums and the Ball family historic homes.

We also stopped at the Muncie Childrens Museum and I got a photo with Garfield (since he was born and lives in Muncie Indiana)

We went to this delicious bakery called Concannons which was fantastic (I bought a few treats to take home with me)

We visited the AMA Museum (Model Aeronautics) which was well worth the trip (I even bought some small model planes made in America for Christmas)

Also the Indiana Glass museum in Dunkirk IN just up the road and had a private tour by one of the curators there.

Visited a farm and saw a duck who was raised by a hen and thought he was a chicken! Sampled some home-pickled beets that were the best!

Indiana is so full of life, this was my first visit and I just loved every minute. A restaurant recommendation is AMAZING JOE's which had the best baby back ribs ever, and I live in the South! Who knew I would go to Hoosier-ville to get the best ribs! Everything we had at Amazing Joe's WAS amazing, we went there twice.

If you go to Muncie I highly recommend the McDowell-Nearing House for your stay, you will be treated so nice and also get the inside scoop on some of the history and things to see and do in the area. There is no better place to stay, hotels are hotels, this place is special!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Iamthetraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
indiana
Reviewed November 4, 2009

My friend needed to go to the hospital in Muncie and we had a chance to stay at the McDowell-Nearing House. It was just down the street from the hospital and we loved it. We were both in awe looking at all the touches the innkeeper had done. We enjoyed our visit and would love to go back. The breakfast way superb and the innkeeper was so sweet to us. Every single thing was top notch. From the moment we pulled in the drive we knew we would love it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends