“Great service, good food”
Review of amazing joe's

amazing joe's
Ranked #2 of 209 Restaurants in Muncie
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Saturday evening and as expected had to wait a bit. Though they were very busy, everyone from the hostess to our waitress was polite and friendly. The menu had the typical steakhouse options, but they also had some unique twists. I had chicken and my date had pork chops. Both were moist and delicious. We were checked on numerous times by our waitress and the manager also came by. The decor is modest. Lots of seating upstairs. I will go again.

Andrews, IN
“Good, not great”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Some friends and I were in Muncie for a conference and not wanting to eat at one of the many chains we stopped at this place for dinner. Arrival was good as at least six people greeted us as we entered to escort us to our seat. Our server Andrew was attentive and knew the menu very well. I ordered the fried pickles as an appetizer, the rib eye steak with peanut cole slaw and steamed brocolli. The steak was a little overcooked to the point where I had to ask for steak sauce to help it. The peanut cole slaw was interesting and the brocolli was very good. One of my friends had a very good chicken fried steak. Another had a cheeseburger which was large and covered with bacon. Another had a large salad. We all agreed that the food was good and service was excellent. Like others on this site, I prefer local places to chains and this place was that, however, it is not a place that was memorable or worth a special trip to come back for.

• Visited March 2013
Muncie, Indiana
“Place for steak”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great place if you're hungry for steak. One of the best in town if you ask me. I love the New York Strip. The broccoli is yummy as well as their Italian salad, but no trip would be complete without an order of fried pickles with either Ranch or Horsey sauce for dipping. It's usually a very busy place and the parking lot always looks full, but there are usually more parking spots in the back. We try to plan to go for an earlier supper when we go to avoid the evening rush. Definitely one of my favorite places in Muncie.

• Visited February 2013
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Pleasant diversion from Muncie chain restaurants”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Googled this place before our family took a weekend trip to Ball State. Food was great; I had seafood penne, my son had catfish, my daughters had salads and my wife had swordfish (I think). Had house chips for appetizer, which were nothing to write home about but our entrees were great. Service was prompt and friendly, no wait.

• Visited February 2013
Lowell, Michigan
“Nothing special”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading the reviews we thought this would be the top choice. It was okay. We like to visit resturants that are not chains. In Muncie stick to a chain, the food was average the place was very plain inside. The service was good, but for what I spent the Olive Garden or Red Lobster would have been better quality of food.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank tracyblair

Been to amazing joe's? Share your experiences!