“Tasty appetizers”

Ranked #2 of 221 Restaurants in Muncie
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Only had room for appetizers, but they were very good. Complementary bread, too, which was delicious!

1  Thank Glen S

Reviewed September 5, 2012

It's a friendly place. We were greeted as soon as we stepped inside the door. The staff was friendly and our waitress was exceptional. My husband ordered ribs with sides of sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli. I ordered fried catfish with sides of peanut slaw and applesauce. The food was delicious.
The downstairs dining area is very small, some would probably call it cozy, but it seemed a bit cramped to me. As for atmosphere and ambiance, the interior decor could use an update, perhaps a coat of paint and some new artwork. I was told there was more seating upstairs and I could see that there was an outdoor eating area. Maybe we'll try the outdoors next time. The food was definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went to a tractor show in nearby Portland and stayed in Muncie, Indiana. The hotel clerk recommended Amazing Joe's Bar and Grill. He said they have great sweet potato fries! We stayed at the Hampton Inn and the restaurant was a little over 3 miles, an easy drive.

We arrived at 8pm on a Friday night and the parking lot was full. There is ample parking in back, so don't be discouraged when you pull in. We parked and made our way to the door, figuring it would be a long wait. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who took our name and told us about 5-10 mins. She was spot on, it was about a 6-7 min wait (which is amazing if you saw the parking lot).

It is an eclectic restaurant in what appears to be an old house. I loved how the seating is throughout. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly and there were people of all age ranges there. The manager on duty, Brooke, also greeted us and ensured we would not be disappointed.

Our sever was Katie. She was friendly and efficient, a very good server. We took her suggestions on what they are known for, their Italian Salad and steaks. We both had salad, 10oz rib eyes, two cold 23oz beers on tap, and we shared a New York style piece of cheese cake for desert.

The salad was very good (and not taking away from it at all because it was good; it would have been even better had it had more organic greens versus iceberg lettuce. This is just my preference as iceberg lettuce has almost no taste. But, again the salad was still very good.)

The steak was cooked just as we like it. I ordered mine medium and it was medium. That was a nice surprise getting a steak cooked the way you order it. The cut was good (as a rib eye should be) and it was flavorful. I also ordered the sweet potato fries which were yummy. All in all dinner cost us $46 before tip. ($46, for two good size salads, two rib eyes with fries (steak and sweet potato), two 23 oz draft beers, and 1 slice of cheese cake to go) I forgot to mention warm bread is served upon seating and refilled until you do not want any more! Not a bad deal at all.

Before we left, Brooke, the manager, came to our table and thanked us for coming and asked if all was good. She is a very pleasant woman that makes you feel welcome.

Good service goes a long way. Amazing Joe's gets and A+++ on service and an A+++ on food from us.

If you are in Muncie I would highly recommend it! We left full, content, and relaxed.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had a very enjoyable experience at Amazing Joe's. Was in town visiting old friends who suggested dining here. The service was excellent, the food delicious and sitting outside was really nice. I had the decadent cheesy chicken mac with peanut slaw which tasted amazing. This restaurant has ample seating and a nice bar area. Great Place!!

1  Thank PattyFortWayne
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Food has always been very consistent, Good. There is not a thing on the menu that is not very good. The Cocktails are served with a generous pour of Liquor,a good poor of wine for an overall good value of both food and drink. Very nice outdoor seating as well.

Been to amazing joe's? Share your experiences!