“The Best Bed Ever!!!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at A LOT of hotels and this one by far has the best bed ever! It was clean and comfortable the rooms were clean:) The front desk was very friendly and helpful! They helped me without any questions we even decided to stay an extra night! The morning breakfast was always hot and fresh... I can't say enough nice things about this hotel! For someone that was getting homesick this made it a lot easier to deal with :) thank you to all the staff and management:)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have stayed at a lot of comfort hotels and have always been pleased until we stayed here one night. The rooms do not look clean, need updating, stains on carpet and cheaply done overall. We checked out quickly the next morning and went to the Holiday Inn Express next door, which was perfect in every way!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank beachdreamin44
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The entire lobby smelled like body odor, so I was already nervous on my way to the room. The carpets inside the room were streaked with black stains. I did my routine bed bug check extra thoroughly because everything else was so dirty, and thank goodness I did. Using a flashlight, I saw a BUG crawl across the mattress. I have never left anywhere so quickly.

When I called corporate the next morning and the manager got transferred over to me, he thought they hadn't transferred him yet and he was begging corporate to not file this as a complaint because he didn't think it was true. I've stayed in almost every Comfort Inn and Suites in the state and had no issues--this one is absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Shannon D
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stay in Comfort hotels pretty regularly and this one was fine and with the advanced purchase rate, worth the price. My only complaint was the small wall mounted tv with average picture quality (which mattered since I was watching sports). Seemed strange to have such a cheap item in a midrange hotel. Still, the room was clean and I'll go back when in Muncie again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank fortwilliams09
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We only stayed one night here, as we drove down for a funeral in town, but our stay was pleasant. We booked through Easy To Book, and the price was slightly cheaper than booking through the hotel itself. Printed out the confirmation page, and then called the hotel itself to double confirm our reservation. Everything was in order. Upon our arrival, check in was very smooth. We did ask for some extra coffee packs before we went in, because two is never enough for two people ;) they were provided instantly at the desk. We went up to our room, and it was a non-smoking room (they all are now, at every hotel in Muncie), and there were no traces of old cigarette smoking from before it went non-smoking, and no smell. We both smoke, so we just went outside and smoked out front, and it wasn't a big deal. It was a little weird to adjust to, because we are accustomed to being able to smoke in hotel rooms, but it ended up not really bothering us. There were plenty of extra clean towels, the bathroom and the room itself were both spotless. There was a smaller (maybe 30 inch?) flat screen TV in the room that swiveled if you wanted it to, to aim at the King sized bed, or at the pull out couch bed that was on the other side of the bedroom wall. We did get the suite, and it was more like one big room with a 3/4 length wall divider to close off the pull out couch area. There was definitely room for two more adults or a couple of children to sleep comfortably. There were six pillows, big, huge ones. There was a refrigerator in the room, and a microwave. The bathroom was simple, just the bathtub/shower, sink (with very nice countertop), and the commode. There were 2 bars of soap, a bottle each of shampoo, lotion, and conditioner, a blow dryer, and a single serve coffee maker, with 2 packs of decaf, 2 packs regular, many packages of sugar, sweetener, and creamer, napkins, stirrers, and a few tea bags, also. There was plenty of toilet paper and Kleenex. They also provide an alarm clock, and two separate phones. You hit a button on the phone to set up an electronic wake up call, which worked correctly for us. The only two flaws I noticed were that the floor towel for stepping out of the shower was slightly disheveled, and there was a small ding on one of the lampshades. We would definitely stay again. Check

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was clean and comfortable and felt safe. The breakfast had a good selection. The only thing that scared me was the toilet. It felt and sounded like it was going to suck you in. The location was O.K. The area doesn't have many hotels so we were happy to find this one.Tart

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I spent 5 nights here, and think it's a very comfortable and quiet place to stay. The staff members, from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance were all SUPER friendly and helpful. The breakfast wasn't fancy, but there were plenty of options. The location was great for access to Ball State. This isn't a 4-star hotel, but then nothing in Muncie is. But if you're looking for a simple, clean, quiet place at a great value, it can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ddbumps
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
16 mi away
Best Western Plus Anderson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!