“Ants and broken toilet”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
“Ants and broken toilet”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

First, the toilet was rocky. After contacting the front desk the situation was corrected. There were ants in the main room and bathroom. I went down to tell the front desk and there was a sign stating they would be back in a moment. The hallways smelled musty. The check in was simple and the hotel seemed clean except for the smell .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rockville, MD
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is standard hotel that meets the standards of other hotels in this price range. Check in was simple, the rate was competitive, and the beds were comfortable. We had the included breakfast one of the days and while the OJ, eggs and meat products were terrible, everything else was fine (bread, fruit, cereal, yogurt, muffins, waffles) - when you stay in a hotel like this you can't realistically expect a gourmet breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sediv
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I wanted to write and state that Bob - the manager - was extremely accommodating and worked with us during our Sat/Sun stay! Thanks so much, Bob! Very clean facility -very nice - non smoking - nice pool area with warm pool - spacious rooms. Everything a family needs for a comfortable weekend stay! Thanks again for being accommodating about the breakfast room!

Toni and "crew" :)

Room Tip: We stayed in 216 - at the end of the hallway by the stairs. It didn't both me at all to be by t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel December 28-30, 2012. At check in we were told that the hotel pool was down. I was upset about this as we did not really need a place to sleep (we live within 30 minutes), but booked this hotel as a fun local weekend get away. I understand that sometimes things break, but when I voiced how upset I was upon check-in (we prepaid this hotel, nonrefundable so couldn't just leave) I feel that they should have offered us some discount on a future stay or something to make up for the pool being down. Instead, the clerk didn't seem to care at all.

The hotel was clean and nice, what I would expect from a Comfort Inn. Our room had a torn dust ruffle, but was otherwise well appointed.

We slept in on Saturday morning and left to go shopping about 1pm. When we returned about 3pm we noticed the room was not cleaned. We stopped at the desk and asked to have our room cleaned only to be told that the cleaning staff was gone for the day, but they would bring us clean towels. They never did bring up clean towels so we had to go back to the desk and get them ourselves and bring them up. My husband also had to take the trash out himself, so we had room in the trash cans for Saturday evening.

The hotel itself is in good condition...but the service needs improvement! This hotel did not seem to be very busy, and I feel that the staff could have been more attentive to our needs and complaints. There are other hotels within walking distance, I would recommend checking them out unless management does something to improve customer service. If you read my other reviews...you will see that I am generally very complimentary of hotels/service and often travel to hotels in this same price range.

Room Tip: We were in room 308. We had trouble with the rooom being on the warm side, but it was otherwise a ni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank couplenindy
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Comfort Inn is a nice place to stay in Muncie, IN. The desk staff is usually pretty nice and helpful, (ask for the free appetizer coupon for Texas Roadhouse...), rooms are clean, has mini fridge, good desk/chair...shower is 'ok' - not water has weak pressure... no roaches on my 5 different visits, though... that's a plus!
Breakfast is good - plenty to choose from... but I stick to muffins and cereal and maybe a waffle. Close to all sorts of shopping and restaurants!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hornet2222
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were one of the first guests at this hotel a few years back, and we were very impressed with this hotel and management. However, we were back in town to visit family, and things are not the same. The hotel staff and management was not as warm and welcoming, as we had experienced on our prior trip. We were informed ownership had changed, and the young couple who took care of us on our first trip was no longer with the hotel. The room we had was on the third floor, and the room was freezing, and the heater took a long time to warm up the room. The bed comforters were nasty and had white stains on them. The breakfast was definitely the major disappointment. The new owners need to pay more attention.

Room Tip: Ask for the heater to be turned on before you get there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FabbioIgles
Portage, Indiana
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed there with my daughter for a night. We had the continental breakfast, which was very good, and lots to choose from. We visited Ball State University, and the hotel was a good distance from where we had to be. There were also quite a few restaurants in the area. Was a good value for the room we had. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: my ex husband stayed on the first floor, and the traffic from the parking lot was loud. I'd sug...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!