“Good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Good hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

The hotel was as I expect a hotel to be. Room was clean but breakfast had canned fruit. They did have fresh fruit available for most of the day though. I did not use the gym but there was not much equipment in there. Overall, it was comfortable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Indiana
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I stayed here with my dad for my orientation at Ball State. It was very nice! The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was amazing! They had a wide selection both days we were there. The hotel was close to everything we needed in Muncie, which was definitely a plus. No complaints here!

• Stayed June 2009
midwest
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I stayed in one of the one bedroom suites and it was incredible! The staff was extremely polite and courteous upon arrival, during my staff and during my departure. I ended up extending my stay and the staff made the changes without any interruptions on my part! I enjoyed the fitness center, the swimming pool and especially enjoyed the 24/7 complimentary coffee. My room looked as if no one had ever stayed in it before. Very nice flat screen tv and very nice kitchen area. All in all, I would stay here again without hesitation. You pay a little more but the extra amenities more than make up for it! Very good centralized location close to shopping, restaurants, rental car business, etc. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Muncie hotels are mostly old and dingy. The Hampton Inn is new, non-smoking. The room was a nice size, there is a small fitness center and indoor pool. It's still a little overpriced considering the size of the town however.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Detroit
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Stayed on business. Rooms were exceptional. I stayed in a Suite, my business associate had a studio, both were in "like new" condition. No stains on carpeting or furniture. Quality decor. Granite counter wall length bar w/microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and sink. Perfect "at home" feeling for the business traveler. The breakfast room had all the usual items. Fresh and tasty. I asked the attendant if it was possible to get an egg for breakfast. The attendant was very accomodating and went into the back and made eggs for both me and my companion. As we left for the day the front desk invited us to take a bag with a muffin, apple and water for a snack during the day. They also have a "suite shop" where you can purchase a frozen dinner or snacks and beverages for your room. Overall I was very impressed and highly recommend the hotel to the business or pleasure traveller.

• Liked — Upscale accomodations and added services for mid priced hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HospitalityKid, Night Auditor at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this review, February 10, 2009
We are so very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. It especially makes me happy to know that a member of our team went the extra mile to make sure that all of your needs were accommodated, we strive to meet and exceed the needs of each of our guests. Thank you sincerely for the wonderful review you left, and we really look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike Arnold
Night Auditor
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 27, 2008

We stayed at this Hotel for Ball States Family weekend. We were pleased to know that the Hotel is fairly new. They had a decent breakfast, and the rooms were also comfortable. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn, but they were sold out. The rate was a bit too high for a room. I understand that it was a busy weekend but $150 is too much. My friends stayed at the Mariott for $69.

• Liked — New
  • Disliked — Expensive
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My husband and I were staying in town to see family and noticed this new Hampton Inn had opened nearby all of the other hotels, and being Hilton Honors members we decided to cancel our reservations at the Holiday Inn Express across the street and stay at the Hampton. We were not disappointed. The hotel is completely new, very nicely decorated breakfast area, friendly staff, and oh my goodness, the beds. Those Hampton beds are amazing! Everything went very smoothly for our two night stay and everyone on staff was very attentive and interested in how our stay was going.

We will definitely stay here again, if you're ever in town, stay at the Hampton!!

• Liked — Everything was new!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Hampton Inn Anderson
Hampton Inn Anderson
#1 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie? Share your experiences!