“Nice Hotel.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. I appreciated the fact that the minute I walked in the room the smell of fresh linens was apparent. Good breakfast. Clean pool. Safe area. I overheard other guests saying that they were supposed to be staying elsewhere the following night and were cancelling the other hotel to continue their stay at Hampton. Will definately stay again. I don't know if others are aware but I have heard that Hampton is the only chain to wash their Duvets in between guests. Other chains only require them washed once per month.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest ,
Thank you very much for the review . We at Hampton pride in ourselves to host you when you are in town. You are right we do wash our duvet with any guest stay . Our staff is focussed on keeping our rooms clean and neat for you when ever you are here . Again thank you for the oppurtunity to host you . looking forward to do the same when you are in town next ......Jim JacobGM

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I work in Muncie, but commute. I stayed here because of some really bad weather. The staff went out of their way to give me a very fair last minute price when I showed up and they made sure I was comfortable. I stay in hotels a lot. This is a solid place to stay. It's not a luxury hotel and there aren't any easy walkable places nearby (especially in the winter), but the breakfast has a great variety of healthy options and the lobby is spacious and comfortable. I hope I don't get stuck due to weather again, but I will definitely stay at the Hampton if I do!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Jonathan ,
Thank you for staying with us in Hampton inn and suites , Muncie . I am sorry that you got stuck in Muncie because of the weather but am glad that you stayed with us . I am gald that you had a wonderful stay . Looking forward to host you again when you are back here in Muncie ........JimJacob GM

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This trip was paid for by a stolen credit card of mine. No ID was asked for from the hotel staff. I'm extremely disappointed that they would take a credit card payment and not ask for ID. I don't know about the rest of the staff since I didn't stay there. Very unhappy.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience of your stolen card being used with out staying with us . I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I've made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests’ anonymity and safety and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area, you will consider staying at our location again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've stayed at five different hotels in Muncie (I visit family in the area several times/year) and the Hampton Inn is still the best place to stay. It's one of the newer hotels in the area. Housekeeping does a great job--the room and bathrooms are always spotless. The breakfast selection is great too. The lady working that area is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest , Thank you very much for your response . Its guests like you appreciating our hotel that keep our hotel still the best hotel in whole Delaware county . I shall surely pass the information to our staff . It really builds up their self esteem . Looking forward to host you suring your next stay in town ......Jim GM

Reviewed December 31, 2012

After reading reviews of a competitor hotel, we decided to change our plans and stay at this Hampton inn for a Thursday thru Sunday stay.

At check in we had requested a west-facing room, but was assigned an east- facing room. As a result of the error, we were upgraded to a suite. The room and location was beautiful and comfy. The bed was exceptionally comfortable - to the point where we will be ordering some of their bedding. It was not necessary to use my personal pillow as the pillows were perfect.

The hotel was very quiet as was our room. One concern we had were the towels. They were literally thread bare: you could see thru the worn out weave. My husband used 3 towels for one shower, which is contrary to the conserve- energy policy, in which we participate.

The other concern was that all of the recycled paper cups used for hot and cold beverages could not be used in a microwave. This meant that the cups provided in the room could not be used for making hot tea in the microwave that was included in our kitchenette where tea bags were provided. What, then, were we to use?

Overall, we enjoyed this facility. Note: it snowed quite a bit while there. Hotel staff cleaned our car of snow each morning, which was a nice surprise.

Room Tip: West-facing provides a better view and more quiet. East overlooks a big box store parking lot. The...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest from Michigan ,
Thank you for your comments with the trip advisor . We at hampton inn and suites take these comments seriously and listen to our guest and I always tell my staff is oppurtunity to improve . Thank you for the comments on the room and the cleaniness . Our laundry staff goes thro the linen and make sure that the worn out towels are sorted out .
You did bring out the concern of our 100% biodegradable paper cup not being microwavable . In this age of all our hotels going green ,none of the 100% biodegradable paper cups can do that without concerns of fire safety and burns . For people who wants hot water . we do have hot water in our station down stairs 24 hrs a day .
We do encourage our staff to go above and beyond . The cleaning of your car was done by the maintainence staff and our CEO complimented him for going above and beyond and making your stay enjoyable . If you have any concerns please donot hesitate to call me during your next stay at our hotel . As always looking forward to host you during your next stay at hampton ......Jim Jacob GM

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We liked the rooms, and the property is clean and new. The best part was breakfast area. It made a great meeting area that we used to have a small family gathering with food and games all evening long. The staff was great and they were very helpful.

The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were a good size. Plenty of room to run around in the King rooms and enough to fit in the 2 queen rooms. Bathrooms are small but usable.

Breakfast was very good with lots of country favorites but also fruit and yogurt for the health minded. The indoor pool and workout areas are in good repair and well kept. The business center has two computers with giant screens that make early morning email checking a snap!

If you are staying in Muncie I would say this is the best hotel (cause I've tried them all) and it is the newest one too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear guest ,
Thank you very much for the review . This review means a lot as the staff really works hard to makesure that rooms and service are in top condition. I shall surely pass your appreciation to the staff . Thank you again for staying with us . We strive to make sure your stay has been above and beyond and you are extremely satisfied . Looking forward to host you during your next stay in Hampton inn and suites Muncie . Your friend in town .........jim jacob GM

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I cannot express to you how the staff of this hotel went out of their way for me. I hit a deer the night I was staying and the night manager referred me to his mechnaic who put my car together enough to make my very important appt. and get home a 4 hour drie away. The day managers let me stay an extra 2 hours in my room to get my presentation finnished. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Customer service is alive and well at the Muncie Hampton INN!!!!
jo

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Jo ,
Thank you very much for the stay in hampton Inn and suites Muncie . We at hampton encourage our staff to go above and beyond for all our guests who stay with us but when we get such comments it only encourages our staff to do more . Thankyou very much for all the wonderful comments . I shall make sure that this is passed on to the staff concerned . We are looking forward for your stay with us when you come back to Muncie .......Jim Jacob GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center
Best Western Muncie
#4 of 13 in Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie? Share your experiences!