“Our stay at the Muncie IN Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie

Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Muncie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ok, so let me start by saying that I try to find hotels that come with a hot breakfast and so when I had to come to Muncie for a funeral I saw the reviews on this place and selected this hotel. The room was good, check in was easy and there was plenty of free parking, all good. When I came down for breakfast in the morning I was very disappointed. The scrambled eggs were dry and to me not eatable. The selection was small and I ended up with an english muffin and a banana. My folks were staying across the street at the Holiday Inn Express and they said the breakfast there was great. Oh well, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't, this time I didn't. But if you aren't interested in a good breakfast in the morning everything else here was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear guest ,
Thank you for your feedback; we understand your disappointment. Our complimentary is made up of traditional breakfast items, ready to be served to our guests. However, I’m sorry that you were dissatisfied with the meal choices and preparation. We appreciate your suggestions and will take them under consideration. On your next visit to the area, we hope you come visit us again so we can provide you with excellent service and the warm Hamptonalitywe are known for ..........Jim Jacob GM
Ashland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member and always try to stay at the Hilton chain. What I like about the Hampton Inn (Hilton's lower end hotels) is there is usually one where ever you go and you know what you are going to get.

This Hampton appears to be newer. The hotel was clean and well kept. Our room did not have a bathtub, did not have a refrigerator, did not have a microwave. It did have a coffee pot, hair drier, and iron/ironing board. We had a relatively comfortable king size bed.

When we checked in we were greeted by the clerk who was nice but hurried. It appeared he was the only one to check people in and answer the phone. So, while we were checking in the phone was ringing and he rushed us through. That is exactly how I felt, was rushed through to move onto the next one.

The room was nice, and if you want a microwave or refrigerator, they have rooms equipped with them. You will have to ask. I am not sure about a bathtub, we had a nice walk in shower.

When we got in bed, the fire alarm went off in the room. It is very loud and right above the bed. It went on for a couple minutes then shut off. It listening to the chatter in the hallway; I heard a woman say it was set off by a burnt bag of popcorn in one of the rooms. Back to bed; only to listen to the sound of feet (probably young feet) walking back and forth in the room above us.

Breakfast was lacking. I have stayed at a lot of hotels that serve a hot breakfast and this one was lacking. On the menu were the standards danish, bagels, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, milk, cereal, oatmeal, and hot scrambled eggs with ham, sausage, and potatoes. Here is the lacking part; I am not a fan of dehydrated eggs or turkey sausage. The eggs, sausage and potatoes tasted like a microwaved frozen breakfast.

Stick with danish, fruit, and oatmeal and you will be ok.

Upon check out, we waited at the front desk, and waited. It appeared that an employee came through the front door, as she walked past the front desk in to a room. A minute later a woman appeared to check us out. She was nice and that is it.

Not a horrible stay, but not what I expect from the Hilton chain. The hotel is nice and has the potential of being a great place to stay. If service is great, a person can overlook the alarms, and walking above you. But, when service lacks all of these other things just stand out.

My room was $156 for the night (AAA rate) , which is pricey for what we got. If I come to Muncie again, I would not choose the Hampton Inn.

I might try the Holiday Inn Express across the street.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a refrigerator or a microwave you will have to ask for one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty as an Hhonors member. I always enjoy hearing from our guests and I am very sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. Safety and security are a top priority for us and I’m glad that the fire alarm was a false alarm. However, I’m sorry for all the disruption to your sleep, including the noise from the guests afterwards. I have taken your comments to our team to reevaluate team procedures after an event like that. I’ve also taken your feedback to our culinary team regarding the breakfast options. Also, I’ve spoken to our front desk staff about your experience at check-in and check-out. I am disheartened to hear that you felt rushed or unimportant. This is simply not true. We value all of our guests-especially our Hhonors members. The next time you have the chance to travel back to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again. Please see how you’ve helped us improve. .........Jimjacob gm
Russiaville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed at this particular Hampton location a number of times during the past year. Each time I stay here, the Staff does a very good job of making me feel welcome, and also making sure that all of my needs are met. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest , Thank you very much for allowing us to host your meeting here in Muncie . We try to make sure that your needs are met to the fullest and have you experience our hamptonality at your hampton inn and suite Muncie . We are looking forward to host a similar or better experience when you are in town next . We the Hampton staff feel great to hear positive response from our satisfied guests ........Jim Jacob Gm
Puddleduckie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Muncie is a beautiful building, with nicely appointed rooms, but unfortunately, that's where it ends. Staff are unresponsive or simply absent. First day was fine, but on the second and last day of our stay, the bathroom had not been cleaned, towels had been removed, so we had to share a washcloth, and there was no bathmat, which is a safety issue. The advertise in room coffee... well there is a coffee POT, but no coffee. No one at the desk to make any of that right, and when I mentioned it to the clerk as we checked out, she couldn't have cared less. Their pool, which is a salt water pool, is dirty and cloudy. If you're in Muncie, you really should think twice before throwing money away at the Muncie Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I’m also disheartened to hear that our staff was not responsive to your needs. I can assure you this is being addressed. I am working with our housekeeping and front desk staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. .......JimJacob gm
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

tend to stay at this property when in muncie on business. consistently good property. no surprises - good value - just the right number of amenities. quiet and clean. staff is always helpful. business center is great - plus it does not charge you for its use. complimentary breakfast is always solid. for a mid-value hotel, this is perhaps as nice a place as i have visited

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jon s
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

What a great place to stay. We were in town for the half Ironman and chose HIS because they were the only hotel in the area with suites (we find this helpful when traveling with our 1.5 yr old son).

HIS was not an "official" sponsoring hotel but they made every attempt to accommodate the athletes, make them feel welcome and provide a pleasant stay. This included a sign at the entrance welcoming the triathletes and wishing them good luck, special breakfast provisions (since the athletes would be heading to the start much earlier than normal breakfast hours), and late check-outs for some.

We experienced TOP NOTCH customer service. Check this out: Prior to arrival we requested a crib, but in our room was a roll away bed. I went to the front desk to see about swapping it and was told all the cribs were already in use. They suggested using the roll away bed or perhaps putting it's mattress on the floor for our toddler. I don't know about you, but my son would be up all night walking the floors if he wasn't contained by a crib. So I thanked the gentleman at the front desk and said he could pick up the roll away because there is no way my son would sleep in it. He apologized and I thought that was the end of it. LITERALLY 15 minutes later there is a knock on our door and he was standing there with a crib that he borrowed from another (competitor) hotel. "I couldn't stand the thought of you not being able to sleep," he said. "The only problem is I have no idea how to set this thing up, so we have to figure it out together." Hahahaha! Fortunately, I knew how to do it. We all slept great for the 2 nights we were there. This kind act just blew me away. We genuinely felt in debt to this man's kindness. That was above and beyond, in my opinion. But it TRUELY made the difference for this family. THANK YOU HIS!

The hotel's breakfast room was beautiful and the food was good. Nice variety. The staff at this place was incredibly kind. We used the laundry and business facilities--Easy and no waiting. There was a pool but we didn't have time to take a dip. Looked nice though.

We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites have a living room with fold out couch and a kitchenette (microwave, fridge, sink, table/chai...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HDasgupta
JimJacob007, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear guest ,
Thank you very much for this survey . I am glad that you loved your stay . We look forward in hosting you the next time you are in town . Our mission for our hotel is to provide the kind of service which is above and beyond than any of our competitor and to render the hospitality to our guests as we aould do to any guest who would stay at your own home . We understand that if the little ones specially are not comfortable it can be difficult for the parents .I always tell my staff that we can have the best hotel in the world but if our service is poor it would mean nothing . ........Jim Gm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Hampton Inn Anderson
Hampton Inn Anderson
#1 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie? Share your experiences!