Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
$71
$69
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsball state universitygreat roomcomplimentary breakfastother hotelsroom was cleana great staywe've stayedstaff was friendlyin townbreakfast areafresh fruitup to dateone night staynice sizemeeting roomcollege visitvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The room was comfortable and large enough to accommodate our luggage (we were at a convention which included a costume contest). The desk actually had enough room for both of us to work at our laptops at the same time. Decorations were simple, and there was no comfortable chair for watching TV. There were two chairs and a great high-speed internet connection at the desk. The bathroom was large and well stocked.

We had breakfast at the convention center so I did not use their breakfast room. It was large and offered the usual Hampton Inn fare.

I dinged the Hampton in my rating because of the front desk. When there was someone there, which was rare, the staff was friendly. No matter what time of day I came to the desk, I had to wait for someone to appear. I don't know what the Hampton has their staff doing, but it is not customer service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Room was comfortable and relatively quiet for a hotel, but not all that large and also plain for the price -- some large, blank wall spaces, no overstuffed chair. Wall was scratched at entrance and some paint was chipped off near bed headboard. Room and hallways were extremely clean but elevator carpeting was badly soiled. Staff was efficient, but some members smoked at the front entrance where guests had to breathe tobacco smoke to enter building. Cleaning staff did an excellent job. Breakfast was very good, and carryout breakfasts were a nice feature.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ParkLover_10
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel and, like the other reviewer who rated this as "terrible", I must agree. The hotel was your standard Hampton Inn and the room was comfortable, but the management was inflexible and unaccommodating when it came to simple requests. The manager also referred us to the 800 number to resolve issues. It ended up I received a check from Hampton Inns for my first nights stay (of three). Even members of the staff commented to me on how terrible it was to work there but "had to keep their jobs". This management is a very bad reflection of Hampton Inns. Being a Gold Level Hilton Honors member, I know the difference! There are many hotels located in the same block as this property and we will try one of those properties on our next visit to Muncie (which now is on a regular basis).

Room Tip: Terrible Management - it's a shame. Stressful stay. Many other hotels located in same area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RodeoDriveCA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had intended to stay at the Hampton in Muncie for all three nights of a conference that I was attending. I was staying Wed. through Saturday. I was able to get a discounted state rate for Wed. and Thurs. night, but (even though the conference ended too late on Friday) could not get the same rate for Friday night. In fact, online the rate jumped $35 for Friday, and when I called the hotel to see if they would work with me on it, the manager said the website was wrong and the Friday night rate was actually $70 more!!! I only stayed two nights and moved to the Comfort Inn (almost across the street) for the remaining night, saving quite a lot of money.

This Hampton is average as far as the chain goes. They are clean, but a bit worn. The pool was clean, as was the exercise room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank blueiii
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is obviously a newer Hampton Inn property. The staff was friendly, courteous and efficient. The room was sparkling, not a thing out of place.

The only thing wrong with this property that I found was that there was no outdoor patio to sit and read a book outside. The indoor pool is nice, but there are times you want to sit and enjoy the outside air. But to be honest, if that is the only thing I can complain about, it is really a great place.

My bed was comfortable, the towels thick and fluffy. The internet service was quick. The TV was great. It was an HDTV with a digital cable box from the local cable company. No more flipping through the channels to find out what's on....it had the on-screen guides just like at home.

Room Tip: The studio suites are a great deal.....a lot more room for a little more money.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business