“Not a good one.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
“Not a good one.”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We've stayed in many Hamptons over the past 3 decades. This one was a disappointment. We had a problem with our room & the management was not at all helpful. A simple problem to fix, but rather than fix it, we were told to call the corporate 800#. Odd to say the least.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank Cattledog1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Went down to Muncie (4th time this year) to move my son out of the dorms and since we live in Chicago we always spend the night. We have stayed at several Muncie hotels and by far, Hampton is the best. Clean carpets, updated rooms, comfortable beds and great service. My son and daughter enjoyed a swim in the pool (not heated) but was refreshing after doing some packing in the dorm. Food area was spacious in the morning with lots of breakfast options including omelletes and potatoes, make your own waffle, bagels, etc. Plenty of supplies and neat and clean. No problems with internet and service was great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pmazcomm
WI
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stay in Muncie often as we have had family in the area for 35 years. We have stayed in just about every chaim hotel the town has to offer. The Hampton is a welcome addition to the choices. It is very welcoming with an upgraded lobby, very friendly desk staff, large rooms and comfortable beds. It is about $20more than any of the others but the beds were very comfortable and the usual breakfast offering was nicely presented with an attentive helper. We plan to make the Hampton our place of choice for our future visits to Muncie.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HeightsKT
Big Rapids MI
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Stayed on 4/19/11. Hotel was very comfortable. Cable TV had well over 75 channels, this is not usual in a hotel. Great breakfast with lots of room to sit even though hotel had a large group there it was not crowded. Now a few negatives. The internet was very slow and the shower pressure was low. Probably worth a few bucks less, but overall hotel is very nice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed April 19, 2011

The rooms are nice and clean, but the service/facilities are poor, particulalrly as this is the most costly hotel in Muncie at $139 per night. I am *not* a high maintainance traveller, but a couple of things. As soon as I arrives I sat at the desk. The swivel chair is really low, so I can't comfortably reach the keyboard to type. I called down to reception and asked if I might swap out the chair. The lady was nice, but she said, that they were all broken in this way and had been since it opened!!!! ???
Started to get to work with laptop..... on my lap. Free internet, but it takes ages to connect and is reaaalllly sloooow! I mentioned it on my way out of the door to dinner. The response from a different person - oh yeah, we know, it's always been like that!!!!!
Last straw was I got a bottle of wine to drink with a movie, got some ice, ice bucket, looked around and there are only paper cups. I went down to reception to see if I could at least have a glass, even a tumbler.
Another different person, sorry sir we only have paper cups in the whole hotel.....
Most of the staff here are probably students and oaky with mediocraty. I'm guessing a lot of foks stay here in connection with the University, bt they simply don't get what makes a decent business hotel. The attitude has been an academic research project from the staff to investigate whether they could be *any* less interested in owning guest comments and complaints.

Give it a miss, there $50 more to stay here is not worth it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have been to several hotels in the Muncie area for parent weekends. This was by far the nicest hotel I've experienced. The rooms were fresh, clean and staff was very efficient. The breakfast was good, and even though it was a little more $ than surrounding hotels, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed September 27, 2010

This Hampton Inn is, I have heard, one of the best accommodations in Muncie and I can see why. The property is very clean, comfortable and the staff tries very hard. When I checked in they upgraded me to a King suite as I'm a Hilton Hhonors gold member. It was very good size with a little frig, sofa, very comfortable bed and nice bath. The vanity was outside of the commode/shower area which was nice.

Every morning they have a hot breakfast and to-go bags with a muffin/Special K bar and water for those without time for the buffet. The manager made some wonderful recommendations for restaurants while we were in Muncie which was nice. Overall it was a nice hotel, with friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Courtyard Muncie at Horizon Convention Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie? Share your experiences!