“Escape before Christmas”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kenthurst
Swami's Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenthurst
Rose Bay, Australia
“Escape before Christmas”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I decided this year to take time for me. Christmas is just too much!

This was my perfect break. Here's why:
1. Delicious meals prepared to my requirements. I am a little fussy due to some intolerances which can be a problem for some places. At swami's I had my own private cooking class. Also picked some of the veggies from the organic garden. Lovely.
2. My own Yoga and meditation program. I came to make changes in my life for the new year. I am now armed with my own program to get me started.
3. Wonderful location. My evening walks with Swami to see the sunset over the blue mountains topped off each day perfectly.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms near the pool were nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Damien D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
australia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A friend and I stayed for 2 nights. On arrival we were greeted by Swami with a big hug - then we were offered a tea and went with Swami for a bush walk to see the sunset. Meals were delicious - often we were asked to choose a menu and also offered to see how it was prepared - like a cooking class learned how to make chai tea, paneer and other indian dishes. We both got special help with individual yoga exercises for back problems and knee problems. Swami, her son Sanjay and helpers could not have been more friendly and helpful - we had an amazing time - relaxing and learning and experiencing the essence of unselfish living. We both are inspired and enjoyed the experience enormously. Heidi

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank swaussi
oatlands
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Thank you, a step back in time, so wonderful, so many mornings as a child my mother tuned in to Swami we joined in with exercises and wisdom. to be welcomed by Swami herself as if I was family was so fantastic. Her love and warmth. The retreat is like an old family home a little dated as it was established in the 60's, So much love and warmth from Swami and her small team, everyone welcome's you with a smile or a hug, thank you. 60acres of amazing rambling gardens and bush lands. If love, warmth and sense of being part of family is what you desire please take the hours drive from the city, and be sure to share time with Swami. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank astewar8
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

First, Swami, her son and staff are lovely people. Unfortunately the rooms smelt damp and musty, the beds were uncomfortable and everthing looked like it needed a really good scrub. I know from experience that anything built in the 70's and not refurbished since is rarely going to look new and sparkling but there was little evidence that an attempt to achieve this had been made. Probably our biggest concern was the kitchen. It really did not look or smell clean and we were drying dishes with cloths that didn't feel look or clean either.

Much as I liked the people I can't recommend this to anyone except a team of cleaners.

Room Tip: All rooms were basic. We didn't notice any discernable difference between them.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Mischiefdebs
Moonbi, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just stayed for six days Feb 2013 .Meet great people , great food, beautiful bush setting.Rooms have been refurbished very clean and comfortable.Swami is amazing spent a lot of time with her , you have to open your mind and be prepared to listen , you can learn so much.One big happy family, life is too short not to experience something like this.Thanks again A.T Tamworth N.S.W

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Avrille S
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In all fairness I'm sure some people would love this experience. We didn't however. If you like a communal type experience that's laid back in terms of not sticking to schedule, basic Indian food and some out-there stuff then you'll love it. If you are looking for a place to relax and unwind resort style this is not your place. Obviously the price is cheap and you do get what you pay for. The facilities are old, the bedroom decor still stuck in the 70s. The massage room was a mish mash of old towels and decor and didn't have that nice hygienic feel to it. The pool area was decrepit as well. I went with a friend as a bonding weekend and we did bond, but over how much we hated the place. I think it was just a bit too full on for us.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank ikavia
Balmain
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Swami's!

Firstly, one memory that is going to stay with me forever is kangaroos watching us do Yoga in the morning. It was just so peaceful and natural it has become part of my morning meditation.

I love Swami. She is an inspiration and her honest advise is what i needed. She makes the retreat special.

Another highlight was the food. Simply divine.

The rooms were clean and the all the staff were warm and friendly.

I've read some of the other reviews and i'm simply cannot believe we are talking of the same place.

I'll be back again and again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Melinda D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenthurst
Grand Mercure The Hills Lodge
#1 of 2 in Bowen Mountain
Windsor Terrace Motel
Windsor Terrace Motel
#2 of 3 in Windsor

Been to Swami's Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!