“Start a new life !”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kenthurst
Swami's Yoga Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenthurst
Moonbi, New South Wales, Australia
“Start a new life !”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just stayed for six days Feb 2013 .Meet great people , great food, beautiful bush setting.Rooms have been refurbished very clean and comfortable.Swami is amazing spent a lot of time with her , you have to open your mind and be prepared to listen , you can learn so much.One big happy family, life is too short not to experience something like this.Thanks again A.T Tamworth N.S.W

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Avrille S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In all fairness I'm sure some people would love this experience. We didn't however. If you like a communal type experience that's laid back in terms of not sticking to schedule, basic Indian food and some out-there stuff then you'll love it. If you are looking for a place to relax and unwind resort style this is not your place. Obviously the price is cheap and you do get what you pay for. The facilities are old, the bedroom decor still stuck in the 70s. The massage room was a mish mash of old towels and decor and didn't have that nice hygienic feel to it. The pool area was decrepit as well. I went with a friend as a bonding weekend and we did bond, but over how much we hated the place. I think it was just a bit too full on for us.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank ikavia
Balmain
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Swami's!

Firstly, one memory that is going to stay with me forever is kangaroos watching us do Yoga in the morning. It was just so peaceful and natural it has become part of my morning meditation.

I love Swami. She is an inspiration and her honest advise is what i needed. She makes the retreat special.

Another highlight was the food. Simply divine.

The rooms were clean and the all the staff were warm and friendly.

I've read some of the other reviews and i'm simply cannot believe we are talking of the same place.

I'll be back again and again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Melinda D
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at Swami's 'resort' this weekend. They did show us a schedule but it was not followed. We were left wondering what would or wouldn't happen next. Nothing happened on time. It was not very relaxing. The yoga classes were a mish-mash of this and that and did not follow any logical order, we did a warm-up, followed by relaxation and then another set of challenging and strenuous poses - doesn't relaxation come at the end of the class? There was no consideration for each person's ability or the safety of the students during yoga classes. The instruction was vague and confusing.

We were offered the opportunity to get a vedic astrology reading or a palm reading which was difficult to fit into the schedule as we had no idea what was happening and when. Some guests received readings that kept to the prescribed time, others were cut short. I did hear that the massages were very good.

While it appeared to be clean enough, I had grave doubts that my bedsheets were cleaned since the last guest had slept in that bed. Not sure about the towels, either. The property is in a very nice and peaceful location but the building itself is not very well maintained. We had one bedside lamp that worked. The other lights had no globes. The swimming pool was very dirty and full of algae and debris from the trees.

The food was very basic. If you're a fussy eater you may have a problem with it.

I could go on and on, but overall, if I didn't know any better I might have thought it was ok. Definitely not worth traveling interstate for this trip. If you're looking for an intensive and informative yoga experience you will most likely be disappointed.

They could do a lot better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank spiritualseeker361
Reviewed September 18, 2012

After watching Swami on Television with my Mum when i was little i was amazed to find that she was firstly still going and then that she had a retreat. She looked amazing!

The food was really delicious, the yoga was simple enough for me a first timer and i had time to spend in the gym and spa. Also ask for a cook book - its free and had a few of the delicious recipes.

I also have to comment on the massage treatments that were outstanding - i ended up having 3. I had one with Kelley and 2 with Asish. They were both incredible and like Swami made me feel like getting healthy just being around them.

To be very critical i would have liked more time with Swami but i think that is me being greedy.

I love this place and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank SunshineVicky
London
Reviewed April 26, 2012

After living and working abroad for the last 9 years it was wonderful to come and see my little Swami again. You have not changed. Thank you for your wisdom. You inspire me!

I strenuously recommend a visit to Swami's. Meditation, real Yoga (not like in sweaty gyms) and scrumptious meals. I also went on a detox too. It consisted of raw foods, fresh juices and special indian ayurvedic teas. There has were too many farewells before I left!

If you knew what a joy it is to stay at her centre it would be on your 'must do when returning to home' list too.

I will be back!

Room Tip: Bring an open mind and you will be amazed!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank LondonRanjith
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed on the Swami Yoga Resort for 3 days. The food was not what we expected. Everyday we had to eat rice with some other bad-tasting sauce, we were wondering about most of the ingredients too. For Drinking they only served tan water and some tea. We got sick and our tummy hurt a lot. The pool is full of leaves, the spa is dirty as hell and the rooms for your personal comforbility like the massage room and the tea rooms seemed like they have not been used for ages. The tea room seemed to be used as a cat litter pan and the terrace was a paradise for spiders and other insects.

It was hard to get along with Swami because she was telling the same stories all the time and if you wanted to say something she would not let you. She did bushwalks with us and one or two yoga lessons a day but thats it. It was not what we expected. The rest of the family was really friendly but unfortunatily but they were hardly there. There was no stuff so we had to wash up the dishes ourselves and because of that the whole resort was very dirty.

When we were there we met two Woofers who tried to make this place more comfortable. They worked really hard and did everything Swami asked them to do. But she did not appreciate their work.. They were treated very unfairly and Swami was never satisfied.

In conclusion we would not recommend you to stay in Swamis Yoga Resort!

Cheers

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank heinz m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenthurst
Grand Mercure The Hills Lodge
The Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury Valley
Bingle Tree Retreat
Bingle Tree Retreat
#2 of 2 in Maraylya

Been to Swami's Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!