“Immoral practices”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blueys Beach
Singapore, Singapore
“Immoral practices”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I booked my accommodation for a family wedding in the area 4 months in advance. I'm currently living overseas and due to unforeseen circumstances I was no longer able to attend the wedding so therefore had to cancel my booking. I contacted Moby's 3 months in advance of my date of stay however Moby's would not give me a full refund and proceeded to change me $50.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sophie F
Mobys, Guest Relations Manager at Mobys Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hi Sophie,

The $50.00 cancellation fee which you incurred for cancelling your booking is a standard policy as described in our terms and conditions which you receive when you make your booking.
We offer all guests a cooling off period within which we will refund your deposit in full if you do not agree to our terms and conditions.

We recommend that all guests, particularly international guests consider purchasing a travel insurance for their trip that will cover the cost of any cancellation fees.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Thx to Mobys -the perfect getaway weekend. The room/apartment we stayed in was so quiet and tucked in the bush down the back -loved it.
Beauty of Mobys is its location to the beach and accessible to shops etc.
The Buddha restaurant had delicious food -great staff -we dined there both nights it was so nice.
The staff were really delightful and nothing was too much trouble -thank you for a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: All are nice -ones down the back seem quieter -away from pool, court cafe etc
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Gaye,

It is our pleasure to have been able to provide you with a trouble free and relaxing getaway.
It is our aim to provide all of our guests with a perfect and memorable experience and based on your review I am happy to see that we ticked all of the boxes.
Please let us know next time you are travelling our way. We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We couldn't fault the entire team at Mobys at our son's wedding last weekend. The service was fantastic, the food was amazing - the guests all raved about it (particularly the scollops). The functions manager was tireless in her efforts to make this a wonderful day despite the terrible weather. All recommendations made for hairdressers, makeup artists, babysitters and florists turned out to be great. The rooms were lovely. We enjoyed our stay and will recommend Mobys to other.

Room Tip: We had a 3 bed apartment in a rather busy spot but it was a great location as it was close to the po...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pat W
Mobys, Guest Relations Manager at Mobys Beachside Retreat, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks for your great review. Weddings are delightful but can be a stressful process so I am so happy that we were able to assist you and make the weekend a wonderful experience for all who stayed. I had the opportunity to speak with many of the guests when they checked out and every single person I spoke with had an amazing time. We hope we will see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Spent a long weekend with the older kids. Really enjoyed. Facilities are good and beach houses are very modern and clean. Only gripe is that boomerang and Blueys beaches are not patrolled and a bit rough so everybody goes to nearby Elizabeth beach, somewhat defeats the purpose of a place right on the beach. Still Boomerang is good for surfers and a good beach walk. The other point re location is there is very little around so you need to drive to Forster for restaurants 30 mins each way. The restaurant at Mobys is good but if you want variety you need to drive.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review and great scoring. Pacific Palms is a hidden gem that draws many visitors to our resort because of our quiet secluded location. Boomerang Beach is renowned by surfers as a hot spot for big waves, however on some occasions can resemble a crystal clear pond ideal for swimming. For added safety though Elizabeth Beach (3 minute drive) is patrolled on weekends and holidays over summer.
We hope to welcome you back to Mobys next time you visit.
Sydney
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent location, 2 mins walk to the beach (although no beach/ocean views). Quality of cabins was excellent - well kept, clean, and well decorated and furnished. Ask for a room towards the back of the resort (2 mins walk from reception) as they are quieter. Kids should take scooters or bikes, as they often meet new friends and ride around the resort in the evenings.

Pool is a bit dated, but still ok. On Fridays there are horse-drawn cart rides ($5 each) which take about 15 minutes and leave from the resort - check with reception on dates and times. Well worth doing.

Make sure you book at the restaurant for dinner. If you don't, the locals (who did book) will take priority as the restaurant is run/managed by people from outside the resort. Good food (recommend the fish and chips), but limited menu. Would recommend a 10 minute drive to Pacific Palms Recreation Club - a quite dated place, but with wonderful views and "old school bowling club" menu.

When booking, check for specials. Don't pay rack rate. The specials generally give you around 50% off if you are booking 3 or 4 nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back. If you are not happy with your room, ask for it to be changed imme...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for your review.
We are definitely a hit with the kids! We are proud to be a family friendly resort and our location is ideal for family holidays.
We always recommend contacting Mobys directly for the best possible price. We do offer discounts off extended bookings (the nightly rate become cheaper the more nights you stay)

In regards to requesting a different beach house, our system automatically assigns the best available beach house for you based on availability and your bedding request and due to these factors it is not always possible to move you to a different beach house. I am glad that we were able to assist you but it is important to know that we are not always able to accommodate such requests.
Camden, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The wife and I just got back from a little mid week 3 night break at Mobys. We had a 1 bedroom apartment and from the moment we walked in it was fantastic. We were lucky enough to be right down the back in unit 45, it was so quiet and peaceful. We really loved the court yard as it had a real relaxing feel about it. We ate one night at the restaurant for the $25 entree-main or main-desert deal. I had the fillet beef and wife had the chicken curry, both were fantastic. Also to note it's a nice walk over the hill to the cafes and pizza shop at Blueys Beach, both worth a visit. we loved our stay and will definitely return, thanks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
We are so lucky to have such an amazing Restaurant onsite and I am glad you had the opportunity to dine with us and enjoy our food. Its also great to hear that you liked your beach house. All of our beach houses are enveloped by tropical gardens which provide great privacy. Sometimes you can feel like you're the only one staying in the resort. We hope to see you again soon.
Tamworth
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had my wedding at Moby's on the 26th of October 2013 and it was an absolutely fantastic experience. Our wedding coordinator Bel was simply amazing with everything organised perfectly and nothing being a problem.
The whole team at Moby's is exceptional and made my wedding experience a wonderful one.
My wedding dress was locked in my mum’s room on the Saturday and the people with the keys were all an hour or so away but one simple call to reception fixed the problem in under 5 minutes. The lovely lady on reception happy closed the reception desk and came down and opened the room for me with a smile on her face the whole time.
The food at Moby’s is amazing as well with all my wedding guests raving about how nice everything was and how they all left full.
All my guested who stayed on site at Moby’s were very impressed with the accommodation as were my husband and I. The beds are ridiculously comfortable!
I cannot recommend Moby’s highly enough for anyone considering it as a wedding venue, a party venue or just a place to stay for a holiday!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We were all so happy to welcome you and your guests to Mobys to celebrate your wedding and I am glad we were able to provide such an enjoyable experience for all.
All of our staff genuinely enjoy working at Mobys and we take pleasure in being able to provide great service for all our 'friends' who stay. I have passed on your thanks and kind words to Bel.
We would all like to congratulate you on your marriage and wish you the best of luck for the future. I am sure we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to back to Mobys many times.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blueys Beach
#1 of 9 in Forster
Diamond Beach Resort
Diamond Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Diamond Beach

Been to Mobys Beachside Retreat? Share your experiences!