“CELEBRATORY LUNCHEON”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Dolce Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in Kennington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We held a luncheon yesterday 19/1/13 at the Croft. It was very well received by all 44 of the guests.

The food was Italian, well presented and tasty. The waiting staff were smiley and efficient. The overall experience was really good. We took out some pizza in the evening which was freshly made, and very good.

I have not trouble about recommending this hotel for this kind of event and the food. Thank you Croft

1  Thank DudChris

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Terrible service, waited way to long for our food (others that were sat after us were served before us), the waiter had to check our order because he couldn't understand English enough, then when the main course came it wasn't even what I ordered, didn't bother with desert because the main course was so bad. Steak drowned in a sauce with a couple of runner beans, maybe half a carrot and dauphinoise potato (very greasy, as was my wife's main course as well). Then when the bill came they didn't even offer a discount (even though I had told the waiter my meal was wrong) until I asked for one.

Seriously, don't bother with this place, worst meal I've ever had with the worst service and a manager that is only concerned about his profit, blaming the "new" waiter (apparently everyone makes mistakes and its the customer who has to suffer).

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Food was not good, my Duck & potatoes taste of burnt old lamb fat. Maybe the oven needs a clean. 50% of our party were disappointed.
I'll never go back.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great food, and worth the money. Plenty of space between tables rather than being rammed in and without the feeling of being rushed out the door for the next customers.

1  Thank onthespot
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I would just like to say that I dine out on a regular basis and that, whist staying at The Croft Hotel en route to France I decided to eat out in the adjoining restaurant.
From start to finish we received lovely attention to detail from the serving staff.....The food was nothing but perfect and totally unexpected....For myself I had scallops in chilli and garlic with parmesan crisp for starters and veal escalopes for mains......All prepared and presented to the highest level....Rounded off with a lovely grappa whist sat on the outdoor terrace surrounded by a lovely garden....
This was a wonderful way to start our road trip to the South of France,and whist writing this from Bordeaux and still on my trip(10 days in),I can honestly say this was my best meal so far.....Thankyou again for a truly memorable meal...!!!!!