“Fab service and nice hot food”
Review of The Pheasant

The Pheasant
Ranked #11 of 12 Restaurants in Kennington
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great British Pub serving fantastic British Classic dishes. Located in the heart of Kennington, Ashford, The Pheasant has a beautiful garden perfect for those summer lunches, great service and a welcoming atmosphere. We cater for large bookings, events and special occasions. We continue to host amazing live music, and our Fridays are always lively. Join us Monday to Sunday for some great offers. We take bookings and are essential especially on a Saturday evening. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for a Christmas meal here and there were nearly 30 of us. We had the set menu and were surprised at how good it was. The food was hot and there was plenty on the plate and more offered. The waitresses were great and very attentive. Well worth a visit.

Kellie M, General Manager at The Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Artefamily

Thank you for your review on The Pheasant.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas meal here and that you thought the team were attentive.

There are newer reviews for The Pheasant

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great venue - close to motorway and really good value food and service with a smile - young lad at bar cheeky chappy and girls friendly food hot and good vibe

will return with my £5 off voucher in New Year

Dear PS Kent

Thank you for your review of The Pheasant.

Im pleased that you enjoyed your Xmas lunch with us and look forward to welcoming you back in January!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Went to The Pheasant last night. The Pub and Restaurant were very busy. There was a party of 10 of us and none of us could fault the hospitality, The service, and very good value for money. The food was served promptly, hot and with a smile. Highly recommend this place. I can truly say this was one of the best Christmas meals I've had on a night out like this. Well done to all the staff at The Pheasant.

Dear ALi R

Thank you for your review of The Pheasant - We are glad you enjoyed your evening and your Christmas meal with friends.

I will pass on your comments to the staff - They work hard to deliver a good experience to all our customers, and feedback such as yours helps to keep us all motivated! Thank you.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

had a meeting with client easy to find good value friendly team decent beer

a great lunch spot and will use again

free wifi and not crazy noisy with kids

loved the xmas decs 3 tress! and the banter at bar was good too not clearly a chain pub which it is judging by the menu - being ran with personality and care garden area looks cute for summer sundowners if any suggestion would be some signage as both me and my client ended up outside a hideous looking Beefeater! but glad we found the pheasant - I asked in the beefeater and instead of trying to entice me in their restaurant the guy directed me to you dooooh!

Kellie M, Manager at The Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear DPkent68

Thank you for your review of The Pheasant. We were pleased that you enjoyed your lunch and that we were a suitable venue for your occasion!

Kellie McDonald

Reviewed November 26, 2013

As a loyal long standing customer I have made the following constructive observations to make from recent visits – some of your customers may agree or choose to disagree, but I hope this help in someway:

Firstly – congratulations on recruiting and training your current batch of staff they are certainly far better and more customer focused, so please keep this up, it’s made a real difference to overall customer experience, which recently has been very good along with your food.

Secondly – please train your surly dark haired assistant manageress to the same standard as the above in customer service, as presently she doesn’t seem to understand the concept of it. You may be unaware or have already addressed this problem; however I just thought I’d bring it to your attention as I’ve heard other customers make comments about her service and twice recently I have had to wait at the bar whilst she has finished chatting to her mates, this is not on and is downright rude!

Thirdly – can you please make sure your staff clean the tables down to a sufficient standard after customers have left, you’ll hopefully agree that this is a basic mistake and should be easy to fix – at the moment from a customer prospective it’s like a game of roulette whether or not the table is going to be clean. In one recent instance I heard one of your oncoming staff say to your off going staff have you carried out the (I think she said) the 10 cleaning tasks and the guy said what cleaning tasks – LoL sort of says it all really.

Fourthly and more importantly – I feel that the Pheasant is starting to lose its identity as a family orientated pub and to some extent its previous good standards of client behaviour and conduct – I think you need to take a step back and re-think who you want as your main client base – Coming from a long Ex Armed Forces background I am well used to being in pubs where every second word that comes out of someone’s mouth starts with an F and much worse sometimes and I am far from being a snob. But, I don’t want to hear that kind of language whilst stood at the bar or as seated as a family group in your pub, which has now started to happen on more and more occasions at the Pheasant – I don’t particularly want to sit where workmen have been sat in their soiled work cloths, overalls are meant to keep your under garments clean that’s there whole purpose in life, so why are they allowed to sit on your furniture in them, it’s not a tap room in a working man’s pub – or is it?

I believe you have to decide on a set of common moral standards of behaviour and conduct for your pub and the commitment and moral fibre of all of your staff to then enforce them. Otherwise I fear the increases in the uncouth foul mouthed crew are going to take over this previously outstanding family orientated pub.

none of the above is meant to be a personal criticism of you and the majority of your staff who on the whole do a cracking job, so I hope you have taken the observations in the context it has been written. It’s just honest feedback from a long standing customer with some genuine concerns, particularly over the pubs direction, which through a set of managers eyes you may not necessarily see or even agree.

Wishing you and the team all the very best for the future.

1  Thank gnashie
Kellie M, Manager at The Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Gnashie

Thank you for your feedback from the eyes of a regular customer!

In regards to the positives - Its good to hear that the level of customer service has greatly improved - I have to say, i agree! As a restaurant manager, my focus will always be delivering first class customer service and good foo and if its my focus, it has to be the teams focus!

I am sorry to hear that there is a particular member of staff that has not met your expectations. I have spoken to the person concerned, and set clear expectations. i would hope you will see an improvement when you next visit.

In regards to the cleaning of the tables - I have taken on board this feedback and have retrained the team.

Your fourth point outlines the behaviour of certain individuals in regards to conduct and language - I need to make clear that I do not accept any kind of foul language or shouting around the bar area, but unfortunately, where alcohol is being served, there will be those that do not consider others when drinking. Please be rest assured, if customers are over heard by a staff member, wherever they are sitting, the customer is politely reminded once - If they have to be reminded a second time, then they will not be served any more alcohol. You are right, we are a family orientated restaurant/pub, and as such, behaviour such as you have described, will not be tolerated. I have re trained the staff members on how to deal with these situations if they occur.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards