All reviews fitness center nice hotel front desk staff indiana beach best westerns king suite indoor basketball weight room small town bed was very comfortable hotel guests the breakfast area definitely stay here again yogurt continental breakfast comfortable stay hot tub and sauna
Reviewed June 20, 2008

We stayed at this hotel because it was one of two offered for a wedding that we were attending. Being that it was a Best Western hotel, I was expecting nice accommodations (especially for the cost that they charged us). I was extremelyy disappointed at the uncleanliness of the room when we first walked in. And when it came time to go to bed, I saw that the comforter had some kind of dried mucus on it. And, the mattress was very uncomfortable because it seemed to be very old and well-used. Also, the front desk staff appeared to be overwhelmed because they said the hotel was at full capacity. When I requested an extra blanket, I was told "We're at full capacity - we may not be able to give you one."

Overall, I was VERY disappointed at the conditions of the hotel. It is in desperate need of updating, possibly more front desk staff who can handle when the hotel is running at full capacity.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank bikerdeb61
Reviewed June 8, 2008

We were in town for a wedding that started at 4 o'clock not far from the hotel. We called earlier and asked if we could check in early --so we could get ready for the wedding there. We were told repeatedly that there was a full house the night before and that they could pass our request on to housekeeping --but no promises. We were very happy when we were able to check in upon arrival. The rooms were rather disappointing. The mattresses were awful --probably well overdue to be replaced. My friend said that the sheets on the bed didn't seem to have been changed - and the comforter on one of the beds looked like someone blew their nose in it. It was really disgusting. We asked for extra blankets and they told us again that they would see what they could do because it was a FULL HOUSE. Apparently being at capacity is a strain on the entire staff --and they don't mind letting you know that!! It was ok --but the hotel is in dire need of a makeover. Replace those horrible mattresses ---and pillows.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Newton22
Reviewed June 6, 2007

This hotel is incredible. The entire place was spotless, the staff was very friendly and courteous. I loved the full fitness center that is available for free to hotel guests. My kids couldn't believe the indoor full court basketball court and tennis courts that was available to them. The pool, hot tub and sauna were used by my entire family. We plan on coming back for a full weekend with the entire family to enjoy this gem.

Date of stay: June 2007
1  Thank kensinger
Reviewed July 23, 2006

This was a last minute stay for us so we went with a brand name hotel that is new to the area. Well they have let this one go so bad that it looks like it has been around for years. First we were a little early for check in at 4pm and were told our room was not ready and to come back. We got our swimsuits and went swimming in the indoor pool which was below average. The water was murkie and not heated. The wall next to the hot tub was falling apart, but the sauna worked!! At 4 pm we went back to the front desk to check in and found out it would be another 1/2 hour before we could check in. So we sat in the lobby with no place to go and watched as 2 other families came in, checked in and were given rooms. When we asked why this was happening the rude staff told us that we were assigned a room and it was not clean yet. The others had been cleaned that is why they were able to check in. After waiting our 1/2 hour and going thought hotel staff shift change we were told that it would be 15 minutes more and that we were going to have 20% removed from our bill. We finally get our room and you would think the time it took to clean it you could eat off the floor. Wrong! Carpet had not been swept , tooth pick, candy wrappers, crumbs etc. We then left our room to go use the hotels really nice full court indoor basketball court and tennis courts before dinner but we found the lights getting turned off due to the fact it closes at 3pm on Sundays and will not open again til 5am Monday morning. Fuming we left for Indiana Beach ( thats a whole other story). When we returned back to our room I removed the bed covers as I always do and found one blanket with about 4 cigarette burn holes and the other beds blanket with chewed gum and dog hair all over it. I called the front desk and asked for just one new blanket which they said they would bring right up. They never did. Do yourself a favor and stay at one of the older resorts next to Indiana Beach, they have to be better than this place. Oh and when we checked out they were only able to give us a 8% discount for our troubles. I will stay in a cardboard box before we stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2006