“Wine taste”
Review of Whyte Horse Winery

Whyte Horse Winery
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit our winery and tasting room in a quaint Indiana farmhouse, built in 1886. We make all of our wines at our facility. Wines range from dry to sweet, and red to white, so anyone is sure to find a favorite - many of our wines are international award winners! Many of our grapes are grown on our own vineyard - we have a passion for making great wine and sharing the experience with our visitors. Winter Hours (January - March) Closed Monday Tuesday-Saturday: 11am-6pm Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Nice wine tasting. Beware... cost is now 3 bucks a head and is not free for tasting. Thirty dollars for a pitcher of a wine cooler was over priced in my opinion.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"riesling"
"facility"

Reviewed June 25, 2018

My friends and I were visiting Monticello over the weekend and we stopped at Whyte Horse Winery and boy are we glad we did! Great wine, awesome memories made, and so worth it. Thanks Whyte Horse Winery girls for serving out part of 9, and being so kind.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

We spend quite a bit of time here with friends. During the summer they have some great live music. Many events throughout the year are worthwhile for locals and folks living in the region (we are 40 minutes drive). Good wine selection and great people running the place and working here. Always very welcoming, friendly and fun!

Reviewed August 23, 2017

My husband and I stopped in on our drive through Indiana. We are experienced wine tasters and were put off by the experience there. Our server did not like it when I asked him to not swirl my wine. Yes, I know it needs to be aerated, however, I like to smell and taste it first. He proceeded to rinse our glasses with water in between tastes, which is an absolute NO in my book (and after the way he acted when I told him not to swirl I didn't tell him to not use water). When I dumped the remainder of the water from my glass, he told me I needed to relax and just let him do his job. So we did not enjoy the experience.
Also, the wines are not spectacular. We learned there is a new winemaker and owner, however the wines that were poured were from the old winemaker.
The grounds are beautiful, and the tasting room is quaint.

2  Thank SonjaWineGeek