Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great place to buy local wine

Went to buy some Christmas presents. The owners are very friendly. The Kris Kringle wine is very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
db4r6286
Logansport, Indiana
via mobile
Wonderful Winery!!

My friends and I visited the winery on a Friday evening while we were in Monticello on vacation. We... read more

Reviewed August 28, 2018
Jennifer M
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting front porch great wine indiana facility
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were passing through on our way home to Ohio. We love wineries and decided to stop and try Whyte Horse. What a beautiful place. When you pull up, there is a large front porch, complete with rocking chairs. We stepped inside to a beautifully decorated room with bar. To the left is a small gift room that also has a variety of cheeses you can pick, should you want a cheese plate. We started with a flight and decided to go with the Cabernet. We got a bottle and a cheese plate and sat in their dining area. We had wanted to sit outside but it was raining. The dining area had lovely large windows and gave the feel of being outdoors so it worked out nicely. The woman that helped us (I wish I had gotten her name) was wonderful. She was so helpful and even gave us a tour of the other building that housed the wine barrels. We hope to return next time we pass through.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

We always stop when we're in Indiana. Not the usual varieties. The Chambourcin makes wonderful Sangria, the Riesling is dry not sweet. The new Dolce Red and Dolce Rosa are very good too. Sadly the Seyval Blanc sold out.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 14, 2017

We had 12 people reservation , two little kids 3 years old, the charged 21.00 each adult 14.00 kids food was terribile cold prime rib with lots of fat. no selection of food one little cramped room that we waited 30 minutes to get into once we enter saw that the Marriott had cater there two hours before. no waffle bar as advertised on their web food was all cold and terrible very disappointing for Moms day will not be back . My Girls paid, total rip off , embarrassed for them. . Your not what you advertise on your web site. would have been better to go to local dinner for 1/4 of the cost , Not special was thinking of having my daughters wedding here. Joke at best. I think you won the yuck award today. Un Happy mother.

Date of experience: May 2017
5  Thank C7899TMlindah
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in town for the weekend and went to Whyte Horse. The weather was beautiful so we sat out on the awesome deck in some rocking chairs drinking wine. Couldn't get any better!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank kimjacobs97
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Happy for their success and it's nice to have a winery in Monticello but their success has gotten to their heads just a little bit. Now, *some* of their wines are nice but many will find on their list that only about 1 or 2 seem to just do it for them. Keep in mind when you go for a tasting, they charge you for tasting their wines. That's a classy move right there. They don't even do that in Sonoma. Again, Whyte Horse does have some positive things about it but as I said they do have their heads above them just a little bit. If you are in the Monticello area often or have extended stay, I do recommend venturing out and trying some of the other wineries in the area. It can be a fun mid day or afternoon drive doing some of the wineries on the Indiana Wine trail.
As a word of note many friends of mine have found their wine club ends up not being worth it in the end. Take caution of that.

Date of experience: June 2016