“Love this place!”
Review of Whyte Horse Winery

Whyte Horse Winery
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit our winery and tasting room in a quaint Indiana farmhouse, built in 1886. We make all of our wines at our facility. Wines range from dry to sweet, and red to white, so anyone is sure to find a favorite - many of our wines are international award winners! Many of our grapes are grown on our own vineyard - we have a passion for making great wine and sharing the experience with our visitors. Winter Hours (January - March) Closed Monday Tuesday-Saturday: 11am-6pm Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

We always stop when we're in Indiana. Not the usual varieties. The Chambourcin makes wonderful Sangria, the Riesling is dry not sweet. The new Dolce Red and Dolce Rosa are very good too. Sadly the Seyval Blanc sold out.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"riesling"
"facility"

Reviewed May 14, 2017

We had 12 people reservation , two little kids 3 years old, the charged 21.00 each adult 14.00 kids food was terribile cold prime rib with lots of fat. no selection of food one little cramped room that we waited 30 minutes to get into once we enter saw that the Marriott had cater there two hours before. no waffle bar as advertised on their web food was all cold and terrible very disappointing for Moms day will not be back . My Girls paid, total rip off , embarrassed for them. . Your not what you advertise on your web site. would have been better to go to local dinner for 1/4 of the cost , Not special was thinking of having my daughters wedding here. Joke at best. I think you won the yuck award today. Un Happy mother.

5  Thank C7899TMlindah
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in town for the weekend and went to Whyte Horse. The weather was beautiful so we sat out on the awesome deck in some rocking chairs drinking wine. Couldn't get any better!

1  Thank kimjacobs97
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Happy for their success and it's nice to have a winery in Monticello but their success has gotten to their heads just a little bit. Now, *some* of their wines are nice but many will find on their list that only about 1 or 2 seem to just do it for them. Keep in mind when you go for a tasting, they charge you for tasting their wines. That's a classy move right there. They don't even do that in Sonoma. Again, Whyte Horse does have some positive things about it but as I said they do have their heads above them just a little bit. If you are in the Monticello area often or have extended stay, I do recommend venturing out and trying some of the other wineries in the area. It can be a fun mid day or afternoon drive doing some of the wineries on the Indiana Wine trail.
As a word of note many friends of mine have found their wine club ends up not being worth it in the end. Take caution of that.

1  Thank TravelGavin
See more reviews
Reviewed March 12, 2016

A friend and I recently visited this winery and were just so impressed. ! Wine tastings
( up to 6 ) are free . Previously , the largest number of bottles I ever purchased for my own consumption from a winery was 2. Set a personal record today in leaving with 3 and I could easily have left with 4. They have a packed Awards shelf and they are truly deserving. They also have a large inventory of wine themed take home or gift items that are reasonably priced and carry many Indiana food products like cheeses, preserves, etc. Nice seating area to enjoy your wine purchase , and definitely necessary if you elect to try the 19% alcohol Serendipity which we passed on only because we planned on another winery stop roughly half an hour away.
Definitely ask about the story on the name Whyte Horse Winery. Too long to share and it'd be more fun to hear it firsthand. Also, LOVE the labels , especially for the Dolce Red. Enthusiastic , friendly and knowledgeable staff. Just a great time!