“RUDE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Whyte Horse Winery

Whyte Horse Winery
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit our winery and tasting room in a quaint Indiana farmhouse, built in 1886. We make all of our wines at our facility. Wines range from dry to sweet, and red to white, so anyone is sure to find a favorite - many of our wines are international award winners! Many of our grapes are grown on our own vineyard - we have a passion for making great wine and sharing the experience with our visitors. Winter Hours (January - March) Closed Monday Tuesday-Saturday: 11am-6pm Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Lafayette, Indiana
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“RUDE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were traveling with friends that were wine club members. We get to the winery 15 minutes before they close. The members had wine to pick up. The impression I received from the winery was "how dare you show up we are getting ready to close!" Well you are open to 6 which means you are providing customer service until 6. We were definitely interfering with their closing. I had a gift certificate to use. I have been to the winery several times but after how we were treated today I will definitely have to rethink about visiting the winery. I am glad I am not wine club member if this is how you provide customer service to your members. No thank you.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Reader1957

Indianapolis, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Delightful side trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to Michigan City, but easy day trip from Indianapolis. Mary, who we did a tasting with, was friendly and informative. Wines are great quality and the property and facility beautiful and festively decorated.

2 Thank njpirate62
Connie P, Assistant Wine Maker/ Social Media at Whyte Horse Winery, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We are so glad that you had a good experience when visiting Whyte Horse. Our goal as a winery, is to provide an enjoyable and educational experience during your visit, as well as providing great wine. It is good to hear that you had just that. We hope that you will come back some time soon!
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Wine, Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This little gem is worth a trip. The wonderful ladies who work there take the time to talk with you and explain the wines. You get several tastes of wine for free, and to do the whole list was only five dollars. The grounds are very nice. You can enjoy your wine outside or in. They also have fresh cheese delivered from Fair Oaks Farm...which is the biggest dairy farm in Indiana. The ladies will recommend a cheese to complement the wine...and you should take their advice! Delicious! I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Cheryl L
Aurora, IL
“Avery nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stopped here on our way out of Monticello just to take a look. It turned out to be a most enjoyable experience. The staff (two gorgeous ladies) were knowledgeable of their product, attentive and really, kind of entertaining. The wine was good and they have a wide variety.

I only did the tasting this time but the next time I will splurge and have a whole glass of something.

This would be a good way to end a day day of exploring Monticello and environs.

Marion, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Charming Winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on a whim while visiting Monticello. We were glad we stumbled upon it. The winery is in a beautiful old farm house with a vineyard out back. The wine was delicious, the staff was very friendly, and the setting was so pretty and peaceful. We bought a bottle and enjoyed it on the patio overlooking the property. We had quite a lovely little date at the Whyte Horse Winery. I'm sure we'll be back someday!