“Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Stevensville, Maryland
“Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stopped here for a change of pace dinner on our way home from Dale Hollow Lake. We should have just stopped at our usual "grab & go" place. The restaurant is dark inside, which can be nice, but in this instance, it's like eating in someone's utility room in a basement. We were seats quickly and brought menus, chips & salsa. The salsa tasted like a combo of pizza sauce & salsa, and it was not spicy at all. We asked for some hot sauce, and that did make it more palatable. Service is lacking here, after deciding what we wanted & closing our menus, we waited about 10 minutes for someone to take our order. Also, when asked questions about the entrees, our waiter was not knowledgable, such as "what type of fish is used in your fish tacos?". The reply was, "codfish, I think codfish, or maybe tilapia, I think,". I ended up ordering the Pollo el Diabla and my husband chose the Burrito Real. After waiting another 15 minutes our food was brought to us. Mine looked ok, but my husband's burrito was swimming
in soupy refried beans. I took a bite of my refried beans & thought they tasted like cleaner, so my husband took a bit of his & thought the same. Yuck. The lettuce was wilted & wet, like they had just washed it & put it on the plate. The guacamole was good, but that was about it. My "spicy" chicken again had a sauce that tasted like there was oregano in it. Not good at all. Our waters were
only refilled once and our dirty salsa bowl & empty chip basket sat on our table the entire meal. We will not be visiting here again, and if you want a better version of "Mexican", there's a Taco Bell a little farther up the road that I would have been much happier eating at than this place!

• Visited September 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Montezuma's Revenge!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you know what the title means, then read no further, you got it! Otherwise, be advised that we ate here for the first (and last) time yesterday afternoon and are still suffering through the aftermath 24 hours later. The food was tasty but VERY greasy, so whether that was it or it was something more severe, we won't be going back to find out.

• Visited July 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Its Mexican for sure”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

El Cazador in Monticello is becoming one of the go to places because of its fine food, quick competent staff, and fun décor. The main dining area is decorated as a Mexican square and the booths around it look like buildings opening on the square. The meals were very reasonable price wise, and the quality above average.

El Cazador is a family run business and its shows. The staff was very friendly, efficient; the meal served teamed fashioned. The only problem we had is that our main waiter was hard to understand and he could not seem to understand what we ordered. But we were pleased to get what we wanted.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited July 2013