“Rundown and Needs to be Cleaned”
Review of Bay Side Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monticello
Bay Side Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I agree with TravelTimeIL. The other reviewers must have stayed in newer rooms that are given some attention. We stayed in room 7 and it was old, worn out, neglected, dirty and nasty. The recliner was broken, we had to lift up the counter top to open the drawer to get utensils, then all dishes or utensils had to be washed before they could be used. There were stains on the carpet, the bedspreads did not match and one had stains. The bed my daughter and I slept in was old and saggy, the other bed seemed better. There were many tables and chairs on the large dock, but many of them were broken or filthy. Several broken chairs sat there all week and were never moved or fixed along with empty bottles of alcohol. There were ashtrays everywhere with cigarette butts that were never emptied including the ones on the deck to our room and we don't smoke! The air conditioner was either off or high, so we froze or cooked. The good news was, the air conditioner was loud enough that we couldn't hear the party that was on the dock every night until 4-5 am. The bathroom was very old and had bug guts all over the walls. My daughter would not even use the shower.
The location was great, right on the lake and right by the entrance of Indiana Beach. Terry, the owner, was very nice and helpful. We had decided to stay here based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and I kept thinking "Its a motel right on the entrance of Indiana Beach, it can't be that good." and it is what I should have expected.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2009

I've been to Indiana Beach many times. When walking past these Resorts from the free parking area I would think "Wow woudn't it be great to stay at one these places" and boy was I right. Bayside was the best. The largest dock, fishing spots for everyone. An indoor pool, too much sun can be painful. Literally two minute walk to the park, discount tickets from Terry in hand. The kayaks provided moments of complete peacefulness, hard to come by when your staying with 15 beloved family members. My 15 year old caught a hybrid bass at midnight and Terry was there to help him out after we'd all given in to card games and air conditioning, this guy goes all out. Vacationing here is nothing short of fabulous.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We had an extended family of 16 ages 3 - 63. Space for two air mattresses and couches so there were enough sleeping spots for all. The penthouse was extremely clean and easy to keep clean. Good choice of kitchen items. Owners were available and accommodating with extra towels and always asking what they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Stairs are steep, pool was refreshing and kayaking lots of fun. We stayed during the Indiana Beach park's anniversary week so there were always reasons to go to the park. Its great you can go in without any payment; but see the Terry and Bev for discount tickets for the rides before going to the park.
There are some improvements that need to be made, but you will always find that at a privately owned resort. Fountain out front was nice and the shaded yard was cool. Everyone enjoyed the pool every day we were there. Deck was great, you could see from the penthouse and keep an eye on the kids. We even played Corn Hole on the deck!
Would we return? - yes we would.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the last room next to the lake and deck. There was a group of high school grads staying up in front so we were a little worried about noise, as we had 3 worn out grandkids with us. We did not hear anything all night. Bay Side is well maintained and the owner is most willing to do anything to make your stay enjoyable. We would recommend this motel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2009

very nices places nices rooms and nices pool and a spa nices lake in front and deck just a fun places to go with your family or friends will in joy your stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2009

My friends and I recently stayed in the 1 BDRM apartments at Bay Side. I must say, they cozy rooms were exactly what we needed on our getaway! The rooms were fully equipped with all the cooking and cleaning materials we needed to keep the place tidy during our stay, and the porch right outside our room offers a pretty cool view of the Amusement park. The rooms were really what we were looking for and I can't wait to come back again soon!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I went to Bayside Resort for a getaway with friends. We stayed in the penthouse suite and yes, it was sweet! With space to sleep up to 12 people, our group of friends fit comfortably. The master bedroom was equipped with a large space shower which was very impressive and i believe they are being installed in some of the other suites as well. The service was very good. The owner was very attentive to anything we would need, even a pair of sunglasses because I forgot mine. There are still a few finishing touches that need to be added to some areas, but all in all, i was very impressed and my expectations were exceeded.

Also, we had other friends in some of the other suites that are in the resort so I had the opportunity to see several of them. Although the penthouse is the nicest one of the bunch, i didn't see anything wrong with the other ones.

Overall, my weekend at Bay Side was excellent. The owners were nice and we felt very comfortable in our suite. I would recommend Bay Side Resort to anyone who is looking for a getaway.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends