“Great Place to spend time with your kids!”

Summer Haven Resort
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We came to Summer Haven for the first time in 2006 and ended up staying for 3 weeks then went home for 2 weeks and stayed till the week before the kids started school. We are back up again for this summer for 2 months. We have enjoyed it so much. The owner, Ken Biddle, the office girl, Faye and the cleaning staff have become like a whole other family to us. We shopped around alot of the other resorts in this area and have found by far they are the cleanest and best up kept resort on Indiana Beach Road. It is very kid friendly and dog friendly. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. The owner will go out of his way to make your stay more enjoyable. I don't know how someone could say anything bad about this resort or the people that work here. They all deserve a huge pat on the back and I am very happy to call them my summer family.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CarolLynnBrenner
There are newer reviews for Summer Haven Resort

Reviewed August 17, 2006

Summer Haven was a nice place to stay! I think the receptionist is awesome. She is loving, caring and her humor was great. The rooms were clean and the boss was very nice. I would recommend anyone to go there.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lovethereceptionist
Dyer, Indiana
Reviewed July 16, 2006

I must agree that this place needs some TLC. The owner is friendly but he does not spend much money on up keep. The cost for a week with 10 people was very affordable. The deck off the back overlooks the lake and offers a relaxing hide away.

It has a refigerator and microwave in the kitchen. We were also surprised to find a coffee pot. The furniture is 1950-1960 style and I think that was the last time it was replaced.

We have been coming back for the last 4 years. If you know what to expect, there are no surprises. The pool is located across the street so you have a sort walk. The 10 person cabin is handicap accessible as well. You can a short walk down the road to Indiana Beach park.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2006

We spent the weekend with another family in the 10 person cabin. It was not bad. The couches were old but covered with slip covers. The kitchen and bathroom were very clean. The boat dock was in need of updates. We were able to walk to the park and had a great view of the lake. I would recommend this cabin and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank Newlyweds229
merr,ind
Reviewed July 10, 2005

it was awful we rented lakeside apartments it was dirty and everything was old. for the prices it was not what i expected. we had a wallet took right out of our room? so if you stay here make sure you lock valuables in your vehicle. also it says full kitchen and it is not we did not even have enough plates,silverware for 5 people. so i advice you to look elsewhere to rent try rivera resort.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. louis, MO
Reviewed August 8, 2004

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in!! I left imediatelly and found other accomadations for the fear of my families saftey!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2004

Very dissapointed with facilities. Cabins were clean, but everything was old and dank including linens. For the price I was charged I expect more updated facilities. Their outdoor deck has a beautiful view of Lake Schaeffer but is ugly and dirty. It's a shame when resort owners have a decent facility but do not put any money back into it with repairs and niceties so that it is comfortable and looks nice. My kids loved the pool but prefered to be down at the Boardwalk pool.

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort Lodging
#2 of 10 in Monticello
Outrigger Resort
Outrigger Resort
#4 of 10 in Monticello

Been to Summer Haven Resort? Share your experiences!