“Family favorite!”

Indiana Beach Amusement & Waterpark
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Today, Indiana Beach is home to six roller coasters. Of them, three are wooden roller coasters, including the world-famous Cornball Express, voted the #1 Wooden Coaster in the world by Theme Park Critic in 2002! In addition, Indiana Beach is home to Indiana's 1st custom steel coaster, Steel Hawg. Through all its new attractions, new slogans, and new guests, Indiana Beach never forgot its place as a classic facility filled with classic attractions. Whether it’s getting’ their fannies riding on a coaster, relaxing in the summer sun, or dancing & dining with family & friends, generations have enjoyed all that Indiana Beach has to offer including 0ver 100 accommodations. With plans for tomorrow blossoming every day, exciting changes every season, and a continued commitment to quality, there are no limits in sight for Indiana Beach’s future. From a cornfield that a horse and cart turned into a beach swimming area to the largest amusement & vacation playground in the state of Indiana, from its humble beginnings as Ideal Beach to its undying popularity in the hearts of guests of all ages and generations, Indiana Beach has come to represent that there truly is “more than corn in Indiana...”
West Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Family favorite!”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Indiana beach is the perfect place for families. We camped last year and had an absolutely wonderful time. No long lines, the park is easy to navigate, and not to large to have to do a ton of walking. The chairlift also gives you a ride from one end of the park to the other. My 12 year-old son and I did the haunted castle which costs extra. There are no live people but still manages to be scary in a fun way. My favorite is the double shot. I never stopped laughing the entire ride. Don't miss the water show. It was entertaining. I believe they have special deals on certain days or offer discounts for bringing something. Last year it was coke cans. You can contact them to find out if you are on a tight budget or looking to save a few $. Who isn't? We went early, left for lunch, and came back to ride some of the coasters. My mom particularly enjoyed the water park. All-in-all, a great time for all.

1 Thank christyandherkisses

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“It's not Disney.”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

It has been nearly 30 years since I last visited Indiana Beach and nothing has changed. That is not necessarily a good thing.

The rides are almost just as I remember them but that means that a lot of them have not been updated since the late 70's. Overall the park looks to be poorly maintained. While I am sure the rides are safe the place just looks run down. A few coats of paint and a hammer would do wonders.

We were at the park on a Tuesday and it was a fairly light crowd. The water side was a little busier than the midway but there were very short if any waits for all the rides. This was a plus and we did have a good time but for the price paid I was disappointed that they wanted to charge extra for Frankenstein's Castle.

My biggest complaint was our tickets. We went with online ticketing and they were clueless what to do with them. Turns out there was only one scanner in the park for them so rather than going through the gate and on you way we were sent from line to line until we found the right one on our own. This took 40 minutes out of the time we had paid for in advance and not even one sorry from them regarding it. That was par for most of the customer service there.

There was one bright spot and that was the Shafer Queen. It was relaxing and the first mate was the most personable person on the property . While most employees looked sorry to see you he made us feel welcome, taking pictures for us and chatting for a bit about the area.

Contrary to other reports the food is far from reasonable. Hot dogs $3.00 and Fries for $4.00 feels like gouging when they taste terrible. The Dog and Suds stand does not even carry Dog & Suds Root Beer! I grew up thinking that the frosty mug of root beer was the whole purpose of the restaurant.

Overall we had a good time with the family but it was barely worth the price paid. This place could do something with the right management but right now it appears that they are happy with what they have. I would make the trip to Six Flags or Kings Island. They are a much better deal.

2 Thank cubsblue
Northwest IN
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We will be going back!”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We went on a Monday in June and it was not crowded at all. We never had to wait in line. I heard the weekends are very crowded. I like how everything is located closely unlike Six Flags. The price of admission was totally in my bucket. The food was really good too & those prices are low also. We did not have to re-pay for admission or parking when I had to leave the park & all the employees were very nice. The water park is pretty small, but it helps to cool off when it's warm out. We will definitely be going back next year & no more going to Six Flags.

2 Thank littleindiana